Employer: Calpine Corporation
Job Summary: (includes but is not limited to the following; other duties may be assigned):
The HVAC technician designs, maintains, repairs and operates all heating, cooling and air conditioning systems for plant, administrative buildings and RTU’s.
Responsibilities include inspection, maintenance, installation and operating of chillers, air handling units, heat pumps, electronic and computerized controls and associated HVAC equipment for efficient operation while maintaining temperate, corrosion and indoor air quality control in the assigned building and location according to set points and environmental conditions. Some limited building maintenance responsibilities include revamping, miscellaneous (480V & below) electrical and refrigeration. Perform routine trouble shooting activities. Use computerized Maintenance Management system (CMMS) to accomplish required maintenance in and efficient and organized manner. Optimize plant preventative maintenance program to meet OEM recommendations, regulatory requirement, and cooperate maintenance philosophy. Assist with remaining logs, manual, records, drawings and operate procedures in a neat and professional manner. Provide written reports on system conditions when required Incorporates safe behavior into all activities and consistently complies with all established safety and health policies and procedures, helps to identify and eliminate or actively manage risk in all work activities. Oversee and execute refrigerant compliance management, including use of documentation software. EPA Certification for Refrigerant Transition and Recovery require. Ensures compliance with all local, State and Federal regulations and plant procedures. Some local, infrequent travel may be required. Subject to all outs. Additional job duties assigned as business needs dictate.
· Journey-level; specialized technical knowledge with function.
· Performs a variety of technical service/support duties that are semi-routine in nature.
· Routine and non-routine decisions with some latitude, but still subject to approval.
· With limited guidance, prioritizes and executes responsibilities effectively for a single trade, group of related tasks or functional area.
· Work periodically reviewed by others; work reflects solid performance of duties.
· Errors have small and possibly incremental impact on department or facility and discovered in succeeding operations where work is verified or checked.
· Completes tasks and resolves problems that require an ability to recognize deviation from accepted practices.
· Resolves most questions and problems and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels.
· Works under general supervision.
· Prioritizes daily activities to complete tasks/projects assigned by others.
· May assist with orienting and training employees in moderately complex to complex areas.
· High School Diploma, degree from technical/vocational school or equivalent.
· Journey-level; 2-5 years’ experience in instrument/electrical and control system applications.
· Preferred experience with Mark VI Control System and Emerson Ovation Control System.
· Strong mechanical aptitude with an advanced understanding of chemistry, physics, electricity, and mathematics.
· Experience with DCS programming and configuration
· Advanced certifications/licensures. Valid state driver’s license.
Please apply through the following link: https://rn11.ultipro.com/CAL1005/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=4347&__jbsrc=
Contact Person: Erin Lee
Location: Middletown, CA
Application Method: Resume - https://rn11.ultipro.com/CAL1005/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=4347&__jbsrc=
Base Pay: DOE
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903