Employer: Trans Mountain
Trans Mountain operates Canada’s only pipeline system transporting oil products to the West Coast. We deliver approximately 300,000 barrels of petroleum products each day through 1,150 kilometres of pipeline in Alberta and British Columbia, and 111 kilometres of pipeline in Washington state. As an Instrumentation Technician with Trans Mountain, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a progressive and fast-paced group of experts.
This position is based out of Bellingham, Washington, USA The Instrumentation Technician will be expected to provide Operational support in a multi skilled work environment that promotes public safety, environmental stewardship, and pipeline integrity. In this role, a Technician would be required to utilize maintenance tracking software to document calibration and functionality testing as completed on protective devices, custody transfer instrumentation and pipeline equipment used for both personal and equipment safety. The technician would also be expected to work in both Operations and other trades designations as suitably trained and competent.
- Install, calibrate, trouble-shoot and maintain process instrumentation, communication networks and control equipment including flow computers, tank gauging systems, custody transfer metering and associated equipment.
- Trouble-shoot electrical circuits, communication networks and control equipment and associated schematics, files, and as-built drawings.
- Supports programing and troubleshooting of local operator interfaces and programmable logic controllers.
- Provide Instrumentation support and maintenance to ensure system reliability.
- Analyze, interpret, and utilize graphic and other information contained in SCADA displays and P & ID drawings •Support emergency response initiatives and program
- Provide operational support to ensure throughput and system reliability
Qualifications and Professional Experience:
- High school completion.
- 3-5 years’ experience in related field would be an asset.
- Instrumentation certificate from a two-year trade school
-.Understanding of Electrical code requirements, process control and hydro test fundamentals is required.
Open to additional company provided technical training specific to job scope.
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, safety of company assets and employees, and the general public.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude and be able to work collaboratively within a small group environment.
- Self-motivated, capable of performing tasks with minimal supervision.
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Attention to detail is critical
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle strict deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills.
We Build Careers and Pipelines That Last Our story is about determination, resourcefulness and resilience. It’s about charting our own course, finding innovative solutions to challenging problems and doing the right thing. It was true when Trans Mountain became a company in 1951 and it’s just as true today. We welcome new members to our team that embrace the qualities in our story, that thrive on the new path and directions we take. Our culture is one of care and taking our responsibilities seriously. If you would like to contribute to our culture, then join our journey. A Rewarding Opportunity. We offer:
• A competitive compensation program.
• A flexible benefit package.
• A pension and a savings plan.
In keeping with Trans Mountain’s commitment to maximize benefits for communities, priority will be given to qualified candidates from Indigenous, local and regional communities along the Trans Mountain existing, and expansion, pipeline corridor. Stay in touch!
Please find more exciting opportunities on our website, our LinkedIn page and on Indeed. Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion Trans Mountain is committed to supporting diversity and individual differences. The diverse viewpoints and cultural knowledge that our employees bring to work enrich our organization’s collective cultural understanding, which is reflected in the work we do every day. Trans Mountain welcomes new team members from traditionally underrepresented groups, including women, Indigenous Peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Contact Person: Nicole Johnson
Phone: 403 660-8269
Location: Bellingham, WA
Application Method: Resume
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903