Recruitment Period: 04/07/2022 - Until Filled
Status: Full Time
To Apply for this position: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/1030919
Applicants for all positions will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 during the hiring process. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered.
Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU) was founded as a 501(c) (3) non-profit medical institution in 2005 aimed at increasing access to health care in medically underserved areas of the Pacific Northwest.
The University currently offers the degree of Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine and Master of Arts in Medical Science enrolling over 550 students annually with plans to develop other programs and/or colleges. Interprofessional education partnerships with other universities adds another 100 students to the population. The campus includes 300 employees with academic programming spread over a five state region.
PNWU is located in Yakima, WA, a city of approximately 95,000 located in the south central part of the state near the eastern slopes of the Cascade Mountains in a major agricultural and outdoor recreation region. It is approximately 140 miles from Seattle, 170 miles from Portland, and 200 miles from Spokane. The Yakima Valley is a wonderful place to live, work and play.
The Assistant Director of Student Affairs is primarily responsible for the day-to-day activities of student affairs. Provides oversight for all student government activities within PNWU. This position reports to the Dean of Student Affairs and supports the overall department goals and objectives.
Essential Job Functions:
· Oversight of the day-to-day operations of the student affairs department
· Responsible for publication of all policy and procedures, updates, and compliance for Student Affairs
· Manage student orientation planning and coordination
· Oversees management of department budget and documentation
· Manage data entry and maintenance of secured student information
· Follows the PNWU policy and procedure for developing and reviewing procedures that affect unit and other units, tracks procedure updates, schedules regular reviews, and recommends process improvements, implements best business practices that improve and maintain compliance, customer service, and communication with all university constituents
· Supervision of assigned personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and enforcement of internal procedures and controls, and problem resolution
· Understands accreditation standards and expectations specific to the department and adheres to policies and procedures to meet or exceed such standards
· Conducts self appropriately and consistently in accordance with the philosophy and mission of PNWU
· Other duties as assigned
• Required: Bachelor's Degree
• Preferred: Master's Degree
• Five years of related experience in higher education and management
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Strong organization, interpersonal, and planning skills; strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to work in a team and flexibility to work with others in a variety of circumstances; ability to problem solve by analyzing issues and creating action plans; ability to manage projects and people and prioritize and self-direct workflow; and strong computer and database skills (MS Office Suite, Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentation, Project Management tracking and reporting) Ability to schedule activities and/or meetings
To ensure full consideration submit:
• A letter of introduction outlining background and qualifications for the position
• Detailed curriculum vitae
• Contact information for three professional references
The job announcement above is not the full job description, but represents the job responsibilities and requirements. A full job description can be provided upon request.
PNWU offers a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees first of the month following date of hire and competitive salary.
PNWU is a drug-free workplace, equal opportunity employer and educational institution. To request this publication in an alternative format, or to apply in an alternative format, please call Human Resources, 509.452.5100.
Contact Person: Rosa Solorzano
Location: Yakima, Washington
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903