Recruitment Period: 02/08/2022 - Until Filled
Status: Full Time
To Apply for this position: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/925894
Applicants for all positions will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 during the hiring process. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered.
Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU) was founded as a 501(c) (3) non-profit medical institution in 2005 aimed at increasing access to health care in medically underserved areas of the Pacific Northwest.
The University currently offers the degree of Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine and Master of Arts in Medical Science enrolling over 550 students annually with plans to develop other programs and/or colleges. Interprofessional education partnerships with other universities adds another 100 students to the population. The campus includes 300 employees with academic programming spread over a five state region.
PNWU is located in Yakima, WA, a city of approximately 95,000 located in the south central part of the state near the eastern slopes of the Cascade Mountains in a major agricultural and outdoor recreation region. It is approximately 140 miles from Seattle, 170 miles from Portland, and 200 miles from Spokane. The Yakima Valley is a wonderful place to live, work and play.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for the administrative and clerical duties necessary to run an organization efficiently. Serves as an information manager for the office, including scheduling meetings, appointments, organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files, managing projects, and conducting research. Also serves the needs of the organization and its external constituents as the institutional hub for communicating with internal and external audiences and for building and maintaining key relationships.
Essential Job Functions:
· Coordinates and maintains centralized communication, records and activity scheduling for the Simulation Center
· Prepares and manages the Executive Director and Simulation Center calendars
· Assists with data collection and correlation within the Simulation Center
· Produces external communication (e.g.. reports, memos, letters, minutes, etc.) for the Simulation Center
· Coordinates purchasing and travel arrangements for the Simulation Center
· Coordinates and maintains inventory and supply ordering for the Simulation Center
· Maintains and coordinates updates to Simulation Center policies and procedures
· Assists with Learning Management System operations
· Assists Executive Director with coordination and maintenance of Simulation Center invoicing and budget reconciliations
· Understands accreditation standards and expectations specific to the department and adheres to policies and procedures to meet or exceed such standards
· Conducts himself/herself appropriately and consistently in accordance with the philosophy and mission of PNWU
· Other duties as assigned
• Required: High School Diploma or GED
• Preferred: Bachelor's Degree
• Five years of related experience preferred. Additional education may be substituted for years of work experience
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Strong organization, interpersonal, and planning skills; strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to work in a team and flexibility to work with others in a variety of circumstances; ability to problem solve by analyzing issues and creating action plans; ability to manage projects and people and prioritize and self-direct work flow; ability to work with and manage different computer programs and databases; and ability to schedule activities and/or meetings.
To ensure full consideration submit:
• A letter of introduction outlining background and qualifications for the position
• Detailed curriculum vitae
• Contact information for three professional references
The job announcement above is not the full job description, but represents the job responsibilities and requirements. A full job description can be provided upon request.
PNWU offers a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees first of the month following date of hire and competitive salary.
PNWU is a drug-free workplace, equal opportunity employer and educational institution. To request this publication in an alternative format, or to apply in an alternative format, please call Human Resources, 509.452.5100.
Contact Person: Rosa Solorzano
Location: Yakima, Washington
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903