Recruitment Period: 01/05/2022 - Until Filled
Status: Full Time
To Apply for this position: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/872795
Applicants for all positions will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 during the hiring process. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered.
Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU) was founded as a 501(c) (3) non-profit medical institution in 2005 aimed at increasing access to health care in medically underserved areas of the Pacific Northwest.
The University currently offers the degree of Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine and Master of Arts in Medical Science enrolling over 550 students annually with plans to develop other programs and/or colleges. Interprofessional education partnerships with other universities adds another 100 students to the population. The campus includes 300 employees with academic programming spread over a five state region.
PNWU is located in Yakima, WA, a city of approximately 95,000 located in the south central part of the state near the eastern slopes of the Cascade Mountains in a major agricultural and outdoor recreation region. It is approximately 140 miles from Seattle, 170 miles from Portland, and 200 miles from Spokane. The Yakima Valley is a wonderful place to live, work and play.
Under direction of the Project Director/Principal Investigator (PD/PI), the Master Preceptor Fellowship Program Coordinator (FPC) is responsible for office administration and coordination of clinical sites for the HRSA Primary Care Training and Enhancement Grant – Training Primary Care Champions. The FPC reports to the PD/PI and indirectly to the PNWU Chief Research Officer administrator.
Essential Job Functions:
· Assists with grant focused research and complete other assignments from P.I. /P.D.
· Assisting in administrative duties such as making phone calls, preparing surveys, and completing reimbursements or reports, filing, copying, securely storing, protecting, and archiving research records in compliance with all applicable regulations and policies
· Handling recruitment, intake, and/or interviews of grant and research participants
· Maintaining, organizing, and entering documents and data in REDCap
· Assisting with the preparation of IRB and grant applications and elements therein
· Assisting in the collection, analysis, and review of grant related data for publication and presentation
· Conducting literature searches using online library databases and other resources and assist in writing literature reviews
· Operating telephone and web-conferencing equipment
· Direct and support event planning for community transformation projects conducted by fellows
· Grant budget data entry and reporting. Including grant travel arrangements and expense tracking.
· Acting as a liaison and working effectively with clinics, fellows, physicians, other departments and external entities
· Attending meetings and research project events, note taking during meetings and events for permanent retention according to standard operating procedures (SOPs)
· Effectively communicating status of the grant and associated research projects and tasks to the Director (and/or Assistant Director) of OSA, the Chief Research Officer, and Finance
· Understands accreditation standards and expectations specific to the department and adheres to policies and procedures to meet or exceed such standards
· Conducts self appropriately and consistently in accordance with the philosophy and mission of PNWU
· Other duties as assigned
• Required: Associates Degree
• Preferred: Bachelor's Degree
• Must have experience Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Publisher, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat Pro and with data entry software
• Experience in Sharepoint, Sharefile or other data storage platforms is desirable
• Must have the ability to conduct literature searches using online library databases
• Must be able to develop APA- and AMA-compliant references and citations
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
• Must be capable of organizing complex tasks and working in a multi-task, fast-paced environment
• Must be able to complete detailed tasks with high degree of accuracy and speed
• Must have experience planning and coordinating events
• Must be interested in technology and readily able to learn new technologies
• Must demonstrate adaptability, creativity, independence, and ability to be part of a team
• Must have experience with audio visual equipment, telephone and web conferencing
• Must be able to prioritize and adapt to shifting priorities
• Experience with technical writing is strongly preferred
• Experience in medical education, continue medical education, and health care work setting is preferred
• Experience with web publishing, electronic form design (M.S. Word and Acrobat Pro), electronic data capture, and online learning is preferred
• Position is a remote status
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Strong organization, interpersonal, and planning skills; strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to work in a team and flexibility to work with others in a variety of circumstances; ability to problem solve by analyzing issues and creating action plans; ability to manage projects and people and prioritize and self-direct workflow; and ability to work with and manage different computer programs and databases.
To ensure full consideration submit:
• A letter of introduction outlining background and qualifications for the position
• Detailed curriculum vitae
• Contact information for three professional references
The job announcement above is not the full job description, but represents the job responsibilities and requirements. A full job description can be provided upon request.
PNWU offers a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees first of the month following date of hire and competitive salary.
PNWU is a drug-free workplace, equal opportunity employer and educational institution. To request this publication in an alternative format, or to apply in an alternative format, please call Human Resources, 509.452.5100.
Contact Person: Rosa Solorzano
Location: Yakima, Washington
Application Method: Email
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903