Recruitment Period: 04/05/2022 - Until Filled
Status: Full Time
To Apply for this position: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/1025623
Applicants for all positions will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 during the hiring process. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered.
Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU) was founded as a 501(c) (3) non-profit medical institution in 2005 aimed at increasing access to health care in medically underserved areas of the Pacific Northwest.
The University currently offers the degree of Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine and Master of Arts in Medical Science enrolling over 550 students annually with plans to develop other programs and/or colleges. Interprofessional education partnerships with other universities adds another 100 students to the population. The campus includes 300 employees with academic programming spread over a five state region.
PNWU is located in Yakima, WA, a city of approximately 95,000 located in the south central part of the state near the eastern slopes of the Cascade Mountains in a major agricultural and outdoor recreation region. It is approximately 140 miles from Seattle, 170 miles from Portland, and 200 miles from Spokane. The Yakima Valley is a wonderful place to live, work and play.
The Senior Accounting Coordinator leads various payroll duties, including biweekly payroll processing, reconciliation of timecards and paid time off, employee training and assistance with time management software, reconciliation of employee records in payroll system, and compliance with federal and multistate laws and regulations. Complies with internal and external audit procedures, guidelines, and best practices. Reconciles payroll liability accounts in the general ledger and prepares various accounting reports. Supports other accounting activities of the Finance department, including but not limited to bank reconciliations, and grant and fixed asset accounting. This position reports to the Assistant Controller - Financial Operations.
Essential Job Functions:
· Leads processing of multistate payroll via Paylocity software for 300+ employees
· Utilizes Paylocity timekeeping software to reconcile and process timecards and imports attendance records to payroll software
· Leads customer service and training to staff via electronic timekeeping software for timecards and paid time off
· Audits payroll records for accuracy and completeness to ensure compliance with federal and state laws
· Audits quarterly state and federal tax filings, and annual W-2 Wage and Tax Statements to ensure accuracy and compliance
· Researches and implements proper taxation of employer benefits and employee tax-sheltered deductions
· Audits ERISA retirement plan
· Supports external audits and prepares audit documentation
· Maintains and organizes electronic payroll filing system
· Processes and reconciles payroll garnishments
· Reconciles University Retirement Plan, 403b, and HSA contributions in payroll and general ledger during month-end process
· Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential
· Reconciles bank and payroll liability accounts to general ledger
· Provides expertise for grant and fixed asset accounting, and reporting for capital projects
· Maintains individual detail and summary spreadsheets in Excel as subsidiary records
· Searches original documents and supporting files and compiles data to reconcile, balance, and update accounting records
· Serves as an information manager for office, including scheduling meetings and appointments, and organizing, scanning, and maintaining electronic files
· Understands accreditation standards and expectations specific to the department and adheres to policies and procedures to meet or exceed such standards
· Conducts self appropriately and consistently with the philosophy and mission of PNWU
· Other duties as assigned
• Required: High School Diploma or GED
• Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
• Required: Four years of related experience. Additional education may be substituted for years of work experience
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Strong organization, interpersonal, and planning skills; strong computer skills, including Excel and accounting software; strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to work in a team and flexibility to work with others in a variety of circumstances; ability to problem solve by analyzing issues and creating action plans; ability to manage projects and people and prioritize and self-direct workflow; ability to work with and manage different computer programs and databases; and ability to schedule activities and/or meetings
To ensure full consideration submit:
• A letter of introduction outlining background and qualifications for the position
• Detailed curriculum vitae
• Contact information for three professional references
The job announcement above is not the full job description, but represents the job responsibilities and requirements. A full job description can be provided upon request.
PNWU offers a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees first of the month following date of hire and competitive salary.
PNWU is a drug-free workplace, equal opportunity employer and educational institution. To request this publication in an alternative format, or to apply in an alternative format, please call Human Resources, 509.452.5100.
Contact Person: Rosa Solorzano
Location: Yakima, Washington
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903