Employer: Ajinomoto Foods
The Limited Maintenance Electrician (LME) Mechanic is responsible for performing electric maintenance procedures on
plant equipment. This individual will have good working knowledge of operation and maintenance of shop equipment and
will apply mechanical and electrical ability in all aspects of job while performing daily routine activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ability to read and update schematics/diagrams, as well as follow electrical preventative maintenance programs
• Maintain and repair automated equipment (packaging machinery), hydraulic equipment, compressor and
refrigeration units, freezer doors, scale, electronic boards, AC/DC drives, PLC, electric hoists, pumps, microwave
equipment, and all food processing equipment within our facility.
• Ability to be assigned projects, scope the work, order the materials, complete the job on time and on budget, and
passing electrical inspection.
• Troubleshoot and repair both mechanical and electrical issues.
• Maintain lighting inside and outside of plant.
• Responsible for ensuring equipment is ready for production start-up.
• Responsible for repairs on worn out or damaged equipment.
• Perform needed equipment modification and fabrication.
• Assist production, sanitation, and other support groups when needed.
• Demonstrate good working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Sanitation Practices
• Follow all safety rules and practices.
• Perform work techniques, speeds, and efficiencies at company standards.
• Works with and understands the MP2 system program.
• Develop and implement maintenance procedures for equipment.
• Develop and implement innovations to improve efficiency, safety, up-time and reduce maintenance costs.
• Will lubricate equipment with thorough understanding of requirements for a variety of devices and applications.
• Perform all other work as required.
• Qualified applicants MUST have a Limited Maintenance Electrician (LME) license or be a journeyman electrician.
Must be able to successfully pass exam if not currently licensed. Must be able to pass within 90 days of date of
• High school diploma or GED required
• 6+ months of manufacturing maintenance experience required
• 1+ year of maintenance experience required
• Must be able to read and comprehends basic blue-prints and mechanical drawings
• Must be able to read and understands test meters
• Must possess basic understanding of maintenance and installation of facility plumbing system, boilers, air
compressors and hydraulic system
• Basic knowledge of basic math skills is required
• Ability to read, write, and communicate effectively
• Basic understanding of HACCP and food safety concepts
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, climb stairs and ladders, and reach with hands and arms. Position occasionally requires climbing to high elevations. The employee is required to stand; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds, and at times up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Contact Person: Paul Carrizales
Location: Portland, Oregon
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: $80,000/year
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903