Employer: Ajinomoto Foods
Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager or Supervisor, the refrigeration technician monitors and operates the
following facility systems: refrigeration system, waste water system, steam system, low pressure hot water system,
compressed air system, high pressure hot water system and ventilation system. The technician performs PMs, maintains
all assigned equipment and systems and ensures all systems are performing in a safe and functional manner at all times.
The technicians will need to record system readings by documenting the operation of the equipment. The position
requires proficiency and thorough understanding of various facility systems including but not limited to, mechanical
systems, electrical and high voltage systems, PLC and controls systems, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, welding and
fabrication of equipment in a food manufacturing plant.
Duties and responsibilities:
Repairs and maintains all assigned systems/equipment throughout the plant and making sure they operate
according to the required standards.
• Maintains and performs preventative maintenance activities and conducts repairs on all assigned
• Completes accurate and timely documentation of maintenance records and take regular system readings.
• Observes and tests system operation, using gauges and instruments.
• Is engaged in dismantling, assembling, and installing refrigeration equipment.
• Ensures all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required
• Ensures all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
• Assists in maintaining parts and supplies inventory by reporting low supply levels to Supervisor.
• Continues to develop facilities technical skills within mechanical, electrical, controls, hydraulic, pneumatic,
welding and fabrication skillset
• Increases equipment specific knowledge for maintenance activities on factory equipment in the refrigeration
system, waste water system, steam system, low pressure hot water system, compressed air system, high pressure
hot water system and ventilation system.
• Learns and demonstrates our AFNA One Team culture as defined through effective teamwork, communication,
leadership, production interaction and support, etc.
• Participates within our TPM (total performance management) journey through small group activities (NWT) and
continuous improvement methodology (STPD and BDA)
• Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
• Follows Good Manufacturing Practices.
• Maintains a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
• Follow all required work safe practices, including lockout-tagout requirements and wearing of all required PPE in
designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
• Work in extremely cold environment of -10 to -28 Fahrenheit with the appropriate usage of all required PPEs
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Industrial boiler work experience is required
• Air compressor work experience is required
• Waste water management work experience is a plus
• Must have or be able to obtain a R.E.T.A. Certification.
• Strong skills in “Process Safety Management”
• Ammonia refrigeration systems knowledge is highly desired
• Automation work experience with ability to read P&IDs
• Electrical skills in troubleshooting and repairing 480/230 v 3ph.,120 v and 24v systems with the ability to read and understand schematics and blue prints
• Root cause & troubleshooting skills are a must.
• Must have working knowledge of electrical testing equipment and basic hand and power tools.
• Must possess a high level of written and verbal communication skills, critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Must have a working knowledge of Windows based software, such as Microsoft Excel and Word, and computerized maintenance management system.
• Forklift and scissor lift operating experience is required
• Soldering and welding experience is required
• Knowledge of EPA regulations
• Solid communication skills
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, climb stairs and ladders, and reach with hands and arms. Position occasionally requires climbing to high elevations. The employee is required to stand; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds, and at times up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to climb in overhead structures, to work beneath machines and in close quarters performing analysis and repair work. Exposed to high voltage electricity, hazardous materials and chemicals used in the manufacturing and cleaning process.
Contact Person: Paul Carrizales
Location: Portland, Oregon
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: $80,000/year
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903