Employer: Washington State University
Title: 1463-NN - Human Resource Consultant 1
Business Title: HR Consultant
Additional Titles: 1464-NN - Human Resource Consultant 2, 1465-NN - Human Resource Consultant 3
Employee Type: Admin. Professional
Job Family: Administrative Professional - Not OT Eligible
Summary of Duties:
Washington State University is recruiting for multiple Human Resource professionals to serve as skilled HR Consultants for assigned colleges, areas and departments.
We are seeking driven and motivated HR professionals looking for a challenge and ready to thrive in a fast-paced higher education environment. HR Consultants are located throughout the WSU system including, WSU Everett, WSU Pullman, WSU Spokane and WSU Tri-Cities campuses and surrounding research and/or extension locations.
Current vacancies will be primarily based at our Pullman campus location; however, hybrid work may be available.
Through the use of strong relationships and detailed HR knowledge, the HR Consultant supports employees, supervisors, and managers to proactively lead their teams in ways that improve performance, drive high retention, and ensure high levels of engagement across the teams they serve. The position provides operational and strategic guidance and consultation in any, some, or all of the following: employee relations, talent management, classification, compensation, organizational analysis, training and development, interpretation and application of laws, rules, policies, or other functions relating to human resources management. The position performs advanced, professional-level, human resources work in support of assigned area(s); plans and carries out work independently, utilizing knowledge of laws, policies, and regulations; integrates and partners with HR colleagues; resolves complex human resources issues; and prioritizes and manages issues within designated area of responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, or related area AND three (3) years of professional experience in human resource functions in a formal human resource setting. Any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience interpreting and applying laws, rules, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with large groups and individuals at all work levels.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and desire to promote diversity.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of computers and software applications.
- A record showing commitment to customer service and the application of appropriate flexibility in response to issues and opposing points of view is required.
- Ability to occasionally travel to university locations throughout the state of Washington is required.
- Experience working with multiple human resource functions, including but not limited to the following areas: employee relations, recruitment, classification, compensation, labor relations, training and development, Reasonable Accommodation, Fair Labor Standards Act, Family Medical Leave Act.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully prepare and present policy interpretations and investigation findings and conclusions.
- Interpreting or applying labor laws, collective bargaining agreements, and contracts.
- Professional certification from a recognized human resource/personnel association.
- Human Resource experience in a higher education setting.
In accordance with Washington State Governor's Proclamation 21.14.2, as a condition of employment, you must be fully vaccinated or have an approved medical/religious accommodation by time of hire. People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving their last shot in a vaccine series. Full vaccination status or an approved accommodation will be verified prior to your first day of work. Should you not be fully vaccinated or have an approved medical/religious accommodation you will not be able to start employment with WSU. Information regarding vaccine verification and/or requesting a medical/religious accommodation is available at https://hrs.wsu.edu/covid-19/vax-verification/. Please contact HRS at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-335-4521 if you have questions.
Area/College: Human Resource Services
Location: Pullman, WA
Department Link: hrs.wsu.edu
Monthly Salary: $5,000 - $7,000/Commensurate with Qualifications & Experience
Full Time Equivalence (FTE): 100%
Appointment Status: Permanent
Screening: This position will remain open until filled. Screening of applications will begin on April 22, 2022.
Background Check: This position has been designated by the department to require a background check.
Applicants must attach a resume and cover letter to their online application. Applicants are also required to include contact information for professional references within the online application.
Application materials should clearly communicate how the applicant meets the required qualifications.
Time Type: Full time
Position Term: 12 Month
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veteran, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521 (v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259(f), or email@example.com.
Location: Pullman, WA
Application Method: Online: https://wsu.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WSU_Jobs/details/HR-Consultant_R-5273
Base Pay: $5,000 - $7,000/ MO
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903