Employer: City of Seattle
Mission: To deliver a high-quality transportation system for Seattle.
Vision: A vibrant Seattle with connected people, places, and products.
Seattle Department of Transportation’s (SDOT) portfolio of work is vast. From filling potholes to paving streets, tweaking traffic signals and helping buses and freight deliveries run on time, creating enjoyable public spaces and building out a network of bike lanes and sidewalks to serve all ages and abilities. And that’s just a snapshot.
In our quickly growing city, how we get around – how safe it is, how much it costs, how much time it takes, and how reliable it is – is top of mind for most of us just about every day.
Our core values drive our work toward creating a safe, connected, vibrant, affordable, and innovative city for all.
Maintenance Operations Division is seeking to hire one Construction Maintenance Equipment Operators. The position is a graveyard position working 8 pm to 6 am schedule is a 4 10 schedule.
The position requires the application of appropriate guidelines, such as the operating procedures, to the specific equipment used. Knowledge of the operation of construction and maintenance equipment is required, as well as, the ability to operate motorized construction and maintenance equipment and their accessories, and heavy trucks for transporting construction and maintenance equipment.
Working Schedule: This position is a graveyard, working 8 pm to 6 am with a 4/10 schedule.
- Operate mobile sweepers to clean streets on designated routes, clean up spills in the street, and support regional water quality initiatives.
- Operate rubber tire loaders to move materials, equipment, and supplies.
- Operate backhoe in Right-of-Way (ROW) on-street restoration or other types of work.
- Operates Tractor Mowers and or Truckats to cut vegetation in the ROW.
- Operates rollers and related paving equipment.
- Maintains, troubleshoots, and cleans equipment. Checks oil, water, and tire pressure. Washes windows and washes off dirt and grease.
- Inspect job assignments for overhead obstructions and hazardous conditions.
- Drive trucks and truck/trailer combinations to and from job sites, or to move materials, equipment, and supplies.
- Ensures that safety measures are observed when loading and unloading material.
- Required to act in a lead capacity at job sites where all other activities are secondary to equipment operation.
- Required to be a working member of the team.
- Document daily activities, inspections, and accomplishments.
- Support department goals in promoting the race, diversity, and social justice.
These responsibilities are only a summary of typical functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. May perform other duties as assigned.
One year experience in heavy equipment operation and maintenance or completion of a recognized course in construction and maintenance equipment operation, including practical operating experience and instruction in mechanical principles and general construction and maintenance procedures (combination of education, training, and experience will be evaluated on an individual basis for comparability).
License, Certification, and Other Requirements
Current Washington State Commercial Class A driver's license with the Air Brake restriction removed
2 years’ experience running mechanical and vacuum Street Sweepers.
Ability to effectively work in a multi-cultural workplace with a diverse customer base.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
Works outdoors in all weather.
Exposed to dust, dirt, high noise levels, diesel and gas fumes, and engine exhaust.
Moderate physical exertion required to operate the equipment.
Standing, bending, stooping, and lifting in excess of 50 pounds sometimes required
Your application will not be reviewed if these items are missing or incomplete.
Applications are reviewed after the posting closes. Qualified candidates must submit the following to be considered:
Completed NEOGOV online application.
Current résumé indicating relevant experience and education.
Supplemental questionnaire responses.
Attach a copy of the front and backside of your current valid Washington State Commercial Driver's License Class "A" with the airbrake restriction removed.
Offers of employment are contingent on verification of information provided by the applicant as part of the application process, including potential background check, pre-placement physical exam, and full driver's abstract.
Please note this job advertisement is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Location: Seattle, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/seattle/jobs/3471199/construction-and-maintenance-equipment-operator-night-shift?page=4&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Base Pay: $35.80 - $38.83/ HR
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903