Under general supervision, this role performs all analytical and administrative duties necessary for preparing, processing and auditing payrolls in a co-sourcing environment. Ensures the consistent compliance with applicable JRS policies and local, state and federal statutes. May participate in payroll expansion / improvement initiatives.
- Serves as subject matter expert on leave and absence programs.
- Cultivates productive customer interactions and responds to unexpected customer requests with sense of urgency and positive action.
- Establishes, maintains, and supports relationships with external and internal customers to ensure effective completion of assigned responsibilities. Takes responsibility for service-level failures, instills a proactive customer service perspective in the team and ensures timely response and follow-up to customer inquiries.
- Completes payroll operational activities including adjustments, audits, reporting, regulatory filing, etc.
- Responds to inquiries from internal and external customers. Conducts research and makes recommendations to resolve payroll questions.
- Generate, finalize and process an accurate and timely payroll. Review entire payroll forerrors and reasonableness. Distribute reports and checks/deposit advices to applicable parties.
- Continually seeks out and pursues opportunities to enhance process effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Models professional workplace attitudes and behaviors that contribute to a positive workplace climate and promotes open communication and trust within the work group.
- Partners with co-sourced provider for payroll activities including payroll runs, auditing, garnishment management, tax services, etc.
COVID-19 vaccination required (medical or religious accommodations will be considered as appropriate).
Bachelor's Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from 4 year college or university
FPC or CPP certifications preferred
Job Requisition ID: 8116
Travel Required: Less than 10%
Location(s): Simplot Headquarters - Boise
Country: United States
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**
If you require technical assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Boise, ID
Application Method: Online: https://careers.simplot.com/job/Boise-Senior-Payroll-Specialist-ID-83702-6924/845305700/
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903