Employer: Industrial Software Solutions
Hiring good people is what gives Industrial Software Solutions a competitive edge, and it’s the main
reason we continue to thrive and grow after 20+ years - and now we’re looking to add a Technical
Support Specialist to our team!
Are you a team player? Do you want to work within a growth-oriented organization where you can
develop new skills? It sounds like you may be looking for us, and we may be looking for you!
We are problem solvers and solutions providers. Industrial Software Solutions (ISS) is an industry leader
covering Western Canada and the US Pacific Northwest, offering advanced industrial software solutions
that fully support Industry 4.0 and Digital Transformation initiatives. We help companies, across a
variety of industry verticals, to work better, faster, and smarter through their digital transformation.
So that’s who we are. We’re hoping you are a creative, resourceful, self-starter with a whole lot of
energy. We’re a team! We need everyone working together to achieve our business goals. We fully
embrace the concept of Team Selling and we hope you do as well.
As a member of our technical support team, you would be expected to provide first tier technical phone
and email support and instruction to end-user customers of AVEVA industrial automation software
products as part of the ISS Technical Support Team. This position will work with end-user customers in
conjunction with ISS sales and applications engineering to provide software support. This includes but is
not limited to troubleshooting, problem analysis, and providing solutions for customer issues.
We’re planning to hire someone who will be based in the ISS headquarters in Bothell, WA, although the
job will most likely be a combination of office work, working remotely and some limited scheduled travel
(when current situation changes to allow or course). ISS is well experienced in working remotely and
achieving our business objectives. We can be flexible for the right candidate.
So, if you’re looking for a new position that is equal parts challenging and rewarding, with excellent
benefits and competitive compensation, then don’t keep us waiting!
This position is highly technical and includes the entire AVEVA industrial software portfolio and some
additional partner software products. Please, only apply if you have experience with HMI, SCADA, Asset
Performance software or other industrial automation software, or if are interested in learning said
software for the purposes of technical support and training.
Essential Requirements and Responsibilities
• Provide technical support assistance and case-related research over phone and email to users of
AVEVA industrial automation software offered by Industrial Software Solutions.
• Provide formal (certification), informal (non-certified) in-house, on-site, or virtual software
training and/or application advisement for end-user customers of the industrial automation
software offered by Industrial Software Solutions.
• Attend AVEVA software training to achieve certification level required by AVEVA for the
industrial automation software offered by Industrial Software Solutions.
• Understand AVEVA knowledge base, product features, licensing, and general applications, and
share new information with team members.
• Support and perform established policies, procedures, standards, and quality control processes
to assure responsive support, training, and application consulting capabilities.
• Acquire and maintain AVEVA and Partner Product certifications as needed to maintain level of
product knowledge required to provide authorized technical support and training.
• Meet individual and group customer satisfaction performance goals related to technical support
and customer training.
• Proactively respond to commonly recurring support requests by providing written or video
technical notes to ISS sales and marketing for posting and publication.
• Minimum 2 years of college education or on the job training experience equivalency.
• 1+ years of experience with computer networking, programming languages, databases,
Microsoft Windows, and troubleshooting skills.
• Experience or training in a position with similar responsibilities, including training.
• Accuracy of data entry; aptitude for detail.
• Good verbal and written communication skills are imperative.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
• Must be willing to travel for on-site customer training or small services engagements if or when
required. Ability to travel into Canada.
• Knowledge and understanding of industrial HMI, SCADA, MES markets and solutions a PLUS.
• Experience with Microsoft SQL Server a PLUS.
• Familiarity with VMware Workstation or Hyper-V a PLUS.
• A full background check will be conducted.
Industrial Software Solutions has medical, dental, STD, LTD, AD&D, Life Insurance, 401K, Flexible
Spending Account, Free parking, vacation, holiday pay and competitive salaries.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Person: Jordan Tucker
Location: Bothell, WA
Application Method: Resume
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903