Employer: Kaso Plastics, Inc.
KASO Plastics, a top northwest plastics injection molder is looking for an experienced Tool Room Machinist.
The Tool Room Machinist is responsible for using general machining equipment and skills to create, repair, and maintain various types of fixtures, jigs, and gauges to support our plastics manufacturing processes. This position requires an attention to detail and a capability to self-manage. In addition, the Tool Room Machinist assists in maintaining plastic injection molds as needed to support production needs.
1. Proficiency using mills, lathe, and grinders, and saws
2. Fixture building, repairing, and maintenance
3. Building of gauges for inspection
4. Proficiency in the use of measuring tools (dial calipers and micrometers)
5. Ability to work from blueprints and sketches
1. Assist in maintenance, inspection, and cleaning of injection molds
2. Misc. duties assigned by Tool Room Supervisor
3. Forklift Operation as required
ESSENTIAL TRAINING/SPECIAL SKILLS:
1. Minimum 1 year working in a manufacturing environment
2. Knowledge of manufacturing methods and machine types
3. Proficient use of basic measuring tools.
4. Ability to read and interpret drawings (Blueprints)
5. Strong mechanical aptitude
6. Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
· Minimum 1 years working as a machinist.
· Experience working in a job shop environment.
EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
· High school education or equivalent.
· Trade school or other advanced training preferred.
Please reply to this posting with cover letter highlighting your qualifications. Include a resume, salary requirements, and any other supporting information.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is our policy to offer equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, physical condition, disability,
handicap, or any other status protected by law. Further, it is the intent and desire of KASO that equal opportunities will be provided in employment, promotion, wages, benefits, and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.
It is the policy of KASO to comply with Federal, State, and Local anti‐discrimination and equal employment opportunity laws.
Come join the KASO team!
Contact Person: Barbara Disser
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Application Method: Resume
Base Pay: $50,000/year to start DOE
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903