Employer: Shookum Contract Services
Where: Bremerton, Washington (Flexible combination of remote and in-office work)
Type: Temporary, Full Time, Non-Exempt
Wage: $ 17.50
Benefits: Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and a robust wellness program including an on-site-gym.
Work Schedule: Full-time, Day Shift, 10 weeks, flexible internship start and end date, May-September 2022
Skookum is a national non-profit, government contractor that is dedicated to “Creating Opportunities for People of All Abilities” by hiring and supporting individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities. We take pride in our mission focused and safety culture, as well as our core values: Diversity, Partnership, Commitment, Integrity, and Quality.
Each year, Skookum welcomes students and individuals seeking professional development, to bring their talent, enthusiasm, and potential to the Summer internship program. As a Skookum intern, you will work on projects in collaboration with your functional department and with a team of interns throughout the organization. You’ll be empowered to bring creative ideas, explore your career interests, and contribute to a growing non-profit organization. The internship is designed not only for you to do meaningful work, learn, and grow, but to experience and contribute to Skookum’s unique culture!
Skookum is seeking a proactive and collaborative Accounting Intern with a positive attitude. The Accounting Intern is a multi-tasker who is personable and thrives in a team setting; a go-getter and is willing to jump in where needed to get the job done. Strong organizational skills to prioritize multiple tasks and projects to meet deadlines are necessary as well as providing excellent customer service with working with Skookum employees in all departments.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- A/P high volume data entry, filing, scanning and mail
- Reconcile Supplier Statements
- A/R data entry, filing, scanning and mail
- A/P and A/R Coverage and Support
- Prepare and Code GL entries
- Assist with EOM Cost Analysis
- Bank Reconciliations
- Maintain Commercial Policy Workbook
- Maintain, Code, Expense, and Reconcile Other Prepaids
- Support Fixed Assets process, facilitate paperwork and coordinate with Fixed Asset Accountant.
- Assist with Loan and Leasing Audit Schedules.
- Coordinate with IT to verify Asset Locations.
- Attend intern team meetings and trainings and work on a collaborative intern cohort team project.
- Ability to multi-task throughout the day, with constant interruptions.
- Must be self-motivated, organized and can adapt in a fast-paced, continually evolving environment.
- Must have a basic understanding of GAAP and financial principles.
- Strong analytical, communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to problem solve and embrace change.
- Must be able to work independently with an appropriate level of supervision.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Assertive with a positive, take charge attitude.
A background check will be conducted for this position.
Where permitted by applicable law, you must have received the COVID-19 vaccine in full by date of hire to be considered for employment (unless otherwise exempted from this policy by an approved medical or religious exemption).
Skookum’s mission is “Creating Opportunities for People of all Abilities.”
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To Apply: visit our website at www.skookum.org to complete an application.
Skookum is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Women/Minority/Veteran/Disabled - Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster.
Location: Bremerton, WA
Application Method: Online: https://skookum.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Bremerton-WA/Accounting-Intern_R0003664
Base Pay: $17.50/ HR
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903