Employer: Shookum Contract Services
Where: Oak Harbor, Washington (Naval Air Station Whidbey Island)
Work Schedule: Full-time, Day Shift
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Life & Short-Term Disability Insurance, 11 paid holidays, up to 12 paid vacation days per year, paid sick leave, Verizon wireless discount, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and a robust wellness program. Public Service Loan Forgiveness eligibility for full time employees.
Skookum is a national non-profit, government contractor that is dedicated to “Creating Opportunities for People of All Abilities” through hiring and supporting individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities. We take pride in our mission-focused culture, our Core Values, Diversity, Partnership, Commitment, Integrity, and Quality, and our dedication to providing a safe and respectful work environment to our employees.
Skookum is seeking a innovative and hardworking Carpenter with a can-do attitude.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintain in good repair building woodwork and equipment such as bins, cribs, counters, benches, partitions, and doors.
- Perform inspections, preventative maintenance, and repair buildings, structures, and associated property.
- Maintenance, repair, and alteration of buildings and structures shall include all structural features such as foundations, walls, doors, door stops, door closures, windows, roof framing, roofing, floors and floor coverings, porches, wood fencing and trim, stairs, fixtures, hardware, exterior and interior painting, and glazing.
- Layout, install, replace, repair, and remove interior and exterior walls, floors, roofs, platform towers, steps and handrails, ceilings, and roofs.
- Interior and exterior finishes, trim, and decor shall be maintained to match or exceed existing appearance.
- Carpentry work shall be planned and accomplished to offer maximum resistance to fungus, mildew, termites, water absorption, and all other deleterious effects of the environment.
- Assemble and secures furniture as needed.
- Maintains appropriate service and repair records and submits documents each day.
- Ensure all installations, repairs and maintenance meet environmental protection requirements.
- Cleans, maintains, adjusts, calibrates and services equipment used in the performance of duties.
Minimum 3 years of experience in the Carpentry/Construction field.
Journeyman level certification is preferred.
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance. The physical demands of this position may be reasonably accommodated for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions on a case-by-case basis.
Must be able to lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
May be required to reach, kneel, walk, stand, and use repetitive motion for several hours at a time based on position duties.
Work may require repetitive motion, reaching, lifting, kneeling, and walking. Standing or sitting for several hours at a time, climbing in and out of a vehicle, and up and down stairs may also be required.
Must have the perseverance to work effectively under pressure for extended periods of time.
Valid state driver’s license is required with the ability to obtain and maintain coverage by Skookum’s insurance carrier.
Must be able to obtain and maintain applicable security clearances and installation access. A background check and E-Verify will be conducted for this position.
Must provide own common tools.
This position is represented by the IUOE, Local 302.
Skookum’s mission is “Creating Opportunities for People of all Abilities.”
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To Apply: visit our website at www.skookum.org to complete an application.
Skookum is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Women/Minority/Veteran/Disabled - Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster.
Location: Oak Harbor, WA
Application Method: Online: https://skookum.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Oak-Harbor-WA/Carpenter_R0003888
Base Pay: $34.61/ HR
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903