Employer: Shookum Contract Services
Where: Lakewood, WA (Joint Base Lewis McChord)
Type: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Life & Short-Term Disability Insurance, 10 paid holidays, paid vacation, paid sick leave, Verizon wireless discount, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and a robust wellness program.
Work Schedule: Full-time, Day Shift
Work Schedule: Day Shift, Monday – Friday
Skookum is seeking a reliable and technically skilled Automotive Worker. The Automotive Worker performs a variety of minor repairs and services to maintain all motor vehicles, to include military vehicles such as HMMWV’s, FMTV’s, HEMTT’s, STRYKER’s, TRAILER’s, GEN set’s, and small engines.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Able to accomplish and perform services as outlined above in the job summary in accordance with established technical manuals.
- Must be able to perform 10 and 20 level preventative maintenance checks and services to include an initial and final road test (minimum of five miles).
- Must be able to perform checks on brakes, suspension, wheels, hubs and steering systems.
- Maintains required work, time, material, and equipment maintenance records to update equipment service workbook and daily task sheets.
- Assist on major repair jobs by disassembling and cleaning parts.
Light, medium, or heavy truck experience preferred.
Knowledge of maintenance, military vehicles, and equipment an asset.
Preferred knowledge of the regulations on hazardous material, hazardous waste, and the right to know information sheets.
Must be able to read, understand, and follow technical manuals to ensure proper diagnosis and repair.
Valid State Driver’s license required with the ability to obtain and maintain coverage by Skookum’s insurance company.
Must be able to obtain and maintain applicable security clearances as background checks will be conducted for this position.
Must be able to provide a general mechanic’s toolbox.
Skookum’s mission is “Creating Opportunities for People of all Abilities.”
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To Apply: visit our website at www.skookum.org to complete an application.
Skookum is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Women/Minority/Veteran/Disabled - Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster.
Location: Lakewood, WA
Application Method: Online: https://skookum.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Lakewood-WA/Automotive-Worker_R0003872
Base Pay: $23.13/ HR
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903