Employer: Shookum Contract Services
Where: Bremerton, Washington (PSNS)
Type: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Work Schedule: Full-time, Day Shift
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Life & Short-Term Disability Insurance, 11 paid holidays, up to 12 paid vacation days per year, paid sick leave, Verizon wireless discount, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and a robust wellness program. Public Service Loan Forgiveness eligibility for full time employees.
Skookum is a national non-profit, government contractor that is dedicated to “Creating Opportunities for People of All Abilities” through hiring and supporting individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities. We take pride in our mission-focused culture, our Core Values, Diversity, Partnership, Commitment, Integrity, and Quality, and our dedication to providing a safe and respectful work environment to our employees.
Skookum is seeking a reliable and mission oriented Heavy Truck Driver with a professional attitude. The Heavy Truck Driver is responsible for driving a tanker truck to assigned locations using grid coordinates on a map to set-up, deliver, pick-up and pump portable latrines, sinks and vault latrines. This position also requires the cleaning and servicing of portable latrines as well as replenishing them with supplies.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Driving to designated locations to deliver and pick up portable latrines using grid coordinates on a map.
- Sanitize/clean portable sinks, latrines, and vault latrines inside and outside to include pumping the effluent from the portable latrines into the truck holding tank as well as replenishing portable latrine supplies (including toilet paper, soap, paper towels and cleaners used in maintaining the sinks and toilets.)
- Maintain vehicle maintenance logs for assigned truck and perform minor maintenance on assigned truck.
- Maintain portable latrine and sink service logs and perform light maintenance on portable latrines as needed.
- Properly dispose of effluent from truck holding tank in designated disposal locations.
- Inspect vehicle each use. Notify Mechanic or Supervisor in the event of any necessary mechanical repairs or service.
- Employee is accountable for providing effective and efficient customer service ensuring government standards and customer satisfaction are maintained.
High School Degree or GED preferred.
Previous sanitation or heavy truck driving experience preferred.
Ability to read military maps using military grid coordinates.
Working knowledge of PSNS preferred.
Must be able to follow directions and help organize routes.
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance. The physical demands of this position may be reasonably accommodated for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions on a case-by-case basis.
Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
May be required to reach, kneel, walk, stand, and use repetitive motion for several hours at a time based on position duties.
Work may require repetitive motion, reaching, lifting, kneeling, and walking. Standing or sitting for several hours at a time, climbing in and out of a vehicle, and up and down stairs may also be required.
Must have the perseverance to work effectively under pressure for extended periods of time.
Must be able to obtain and maintain applicable security clearances as background checks will be conducted for this position.
A valid CDL Class A with Tanker Endorsement is required. Must be able to obtain and maintain coverage by Skookum’s insurance company.
A Department of Transportation (DOT) regulated pre-employment medical examination and drug screening are required. Candidates must meet federal guidelines to be considered for this position.
Skookum’s mission is “Creating Opportunities for People of all Abilities.”
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To Apply: visit our website at www.skookum.org to complete an application.
Skookum is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Women/Minority/Veteran/Disabled - Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster.
Location: Bremerton, WA
Application Method: Online: https://skookum.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Bremerton-WA/Heavy-Truck-Driver_R0003779
Base Pay: $26.06/ HR
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903