Employer: Sabey Data Centers
Another Source’s client, Sabey Corporation, is recruiting a Data Center Facilities Engineer I to join their Wenatchee, Washington team. Here’s a little about Sabey Corporation and the position they are recruiting for:
Sabey Corporation is a 45 year-old privately held Seattle based full-service commercial real estate company with an outstanding reputation. The Company is primarily engaged in data center, office, and industrial property development, construction and operations with ownership in the Pacific Northwest and on the east coast.
Sabey accredits their 45 years of success to their dedicated team of employees who exemplify Sabey’s strong core values in everything they do.
Sabey offers highly competitive wages based on education and work experience. We also offer a competitive benefits program that includes a 401(k) plan, bonuses, health and dental insurance, voluntary vision, short term disability, life insurance and paid time off.
To learn more about Sabey, take a look:
This position will be responsible for "hands-on" day-to-day facility maintenance, repairs and operations for facilities within the company’s portfolio. The Data Center Facilities Engineer 1 will work primarily within company data centers, but may also assist with other facilities in the company’s portfolio, as directed. The company’s data centers incorporate a variety of topologies and brands of electrical, mechanical and environmental control systems, supporting our varied tenants’ needs.
- Directly perform inspections, light planned maintenance (filters, belts, minor inspections, etc.), and facilities work orders (plumbing, lighting, doors, etc).
- Analyze and troubleshoot complex systems failures, coordinate installation, maintenance and repair of electrical and mechanical systems, building control systems, data/voice system, and write procedures for routine and emergency work, and schedule all planned maintenance.
- Manage and document facilities work orders and customer service requests.
- Manage vendor activities, monitor progress to ensure objectives are achieved for outsourced maintenance and projects.
- Interact with data center management, property management, and vendor management on project efforts.
- Develop and maintain operational process, procedures and as-built drawings.
- Communicate verbally and in writing as required for customer interaction.
- Manage and administrate building control systems.
- Develop and improve preventative maintenance programs, schedules, work instructions, SOP’s and operational procedures.
Skills & Personal Characteristics:
- Two years experience as a facility engineer, preferably in computer room/data center environments, or similar experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with critical electrical systems (UPS, standby generator, switchgear, STS/PDU, etc.), mechanical systems (package systems, split systems, dry coolers, fans, chillers, cooling towers, etc.), fire alarm and suppression systems (sprinklers, alarms, incipient smoke detection, etc.) building control and monitoring systems (e.g. Square D, ALC, Tracer Summit), security equipment, etc.
- Experience in building controls, electrical & UPS systems. Ability to quickly learn such systems, utilizing operations manuals and similar documentation.
- Must be comfortable working in situations with an emphasis on preventive maintenance and emergency response.
- Must be comfortable and flexible enough to work in a flat organization with a wide-ranging and changing scope of responsibilities. At the same time, the qualified candidate must be comfortable working within the constraints of procedures put in place to minimize the opportunity for human error.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook. Proficiency with other programs (e.g. MS Project, Visio, PowerPoint and CAD/CAM) a plus.
- Developed problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Self-motivation and ability to motivate others.
- Professional attitude and works well under pressure.
- Ability to lift up to 80 pounds and operate a variety of hand and power tools
- Ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated desire to continuously learn.
- This job requires flexibility to work any shift and/or on weekends.
- May be required to carry on-call phone, weekend work/overtime will be required to support certain maintenance activities.
EEO Policy Statement: Sabey Corporation and its subsidiaries, including Sabey Data Centers and Sabey Construction, are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religion, or national origin.
If you need further assistance and/or accommodations to apply, please contact the Sabey Human Resources Department at (206) 277-5247 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Another Source works with their clients, on a retained project basis, to maximize the recruiting process.
Contact Person: Marcie Glenn
Location: Wenatchee, WA
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: DOE
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903