Employer: City of Everett
This position provides support to various human resource functions such as employee benefits, leave tracking, training, payroll, recruitment, and maintenance of departmental records. Work assignments in this class require specialized knowledge of departmental procedures and activities and the ability to maintain confidential information. General supervision is provided by Human Resources staff, and the work is reviewed periodically for adherence to established policies and procedures.
- Receive incoming telephone and counter calls and requests; screen, provide information and/or route to appropriate resource.
- Supply information involving facts and interpretations requiring considerable training and background in the Human Resources Department; information may involve sensitive inter-departmental requests.
- Receive, sort, and distribute incoming and outgoing mail.
- Gather information for reports and transactions and assist in the consolidation and preparation of data.
- Compose a variety of reports, contracts, letters, minutes or other documents.
- Maintain departmental records and/or files, enter information into databases, complete timecards, compile payroll and other reports on department and/or employee activities.
- May attend meetings, take, transcribe and distribute minutes.
- Research and respond to employee inquiries related to benefits and leave of absences.
- Assist employees with benefit/leave program enrollment by maintaining electronic employee files and benefit databases.
- Assist with the balancing of workload among Department employees by providing backup and clerical support as required.
- Participate in recruitment activities such as placing recruiting ads, assembling interview packets, coordinating and scheduling interviews, and assembling and distributing hiring lists or registers.
- Assist with the administrative support of the employee benefits program as required.
- Assist in research work supporting a broad range of labor relations and human resource functions including classification and pay, employee information and Department administrative and support functions.
- Utilize word processing and spreadsheet functions to tabulate and sort data, generate reports, worksheets, schedules, letters, memos, requisitions and other items.
- Perform related work and special projects as assigned.
- For a full description of this position, please see the class specification on the City’s website.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A combination of education and related experience may substitute for education requirements.
Graduation from high school or equivalent and
2 years of experience performing varied office support work of a progressively responsible or confidential nature.
Candidates with work experience in human resources or a business office environment are preferred.
All interested applicants are required to submit:
City of Everett online employment application
Resume (not to exceed two pages)
Application materials may be accessed via http://www.everettwa.gov/careers. Completed applications must be submitted through the City’s online application system. INCOMPLETE, FAXED, OR EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Filing Opens: 3/28/2022
Open Until Filled
Location: Everett, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/everettwa/jobs/3488947/human-resources-assistant?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Base Pay: $3,883 - $5,052/ MO
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903