Under the supervision of Metrology Supervisors, the Sr Instrumentation Technician is responsible for performing and troubleshooting Calibration activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate technical understanding and complex troubleshooting skills of electrical and pneumaticinstrumentation.
- Perform installation and modifications, or work together with Engineering, Maintenance, Process Control, or outside contractors on new installations and modifications.
- Perform calibrations on Temperature, Pressure, Conductivity , UV, Balances, Scales, Vacuum, pH, CL2, ORP, Timers, RPM, Liquid/Gas Flow, and Gas detector instrumentation.
- Operate, Maintain, and repair of calibration test equipment.
- Initiate corrective action to ensure potentially hazard situations are avoided and safety standards are maintained relative to production or facilities.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records and reports per Standard Operating Procedures.
- Perform Planning/Scheduling for routine and Non-routine calibrations for assigned area and instrumentation calibrations.
- Review and approve Calibration Reports; Verify Out of Tolerance Conditions
- Support new and existing Project Planning Session as request by Engineering or PMO Department.
- Implement and execute internal department projects.
- Assist with the review of the System Specification and Piping Identification Drawing verifications
- Attend Tier 1 meetings - Provide effective communication and feedback across the function team.
- Manage Metrology daily operation, Interface with customers as necessary when the supervisor is not available.
- Negotiate timelines/schedules for calibration, repair or PM work, ability to read/interpret production schedule
- Train Technicians as needed to meet the demands of the the department.
- Oversee work performed by team members to ensure proper execution, resource allocation and complete, accurate and timely documentation
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Able to work independently and make sound judgments regarding work methods and tools.
• Able to read wiring diagrams, loop drawings and P&ID drawings
• Knowledge of CGMP manufacturing is a plus.
• Knowledge of basic laboratory and pharmaceutical production equipment including but not limited to: autoclaves, process
tanks, incubators, analytical equipment, and CIP/SIP systems is a plus.
• Understanding and knowledge of PLC, Micro processor, and control system logic is a plus.
• Knowledge of basic chemical and biological safety procedures.
• Proficient in a variety of mathematical disciplines and be able to work with both the metric and USA standards of
• Solid computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Strong interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
• Knowledge of Automated Control systems and control system instrumentation concepts, and the relationship between each
• Understand the operation, maintain, modify, and high level troubleshooting of Steam sterilizers (Autoclaves).
• Ability to spec out like for like or like non like for like instrumentation, to meet manufacturing process requirements.
Education and/or experience:
High school diploma or equivalent required; 2-year technical AA degree in metrology, instrumentation, electronics, or related technical discipline is preferred.
•Skilled craft training/apprenticeship certificate or commensurate combination of technical education and experience is preferred.
•Minimum 5 years in Process Instrumentation/Calibration. Experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing environment or equivalent industry is preferred.
Physical Demand and Working Environment:
Combination of sedentary work and walking around observing conditions in the facility.
Able to lift 75lbs and carry up to 50lbs.
Able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body.
Will work in a cold, wet environment; some clean room and cool/hot storage conditions.
May be required to work in a confined area.
May be required to manage hazardous wastes in compliance with company procedures & State/Federal/Local hazardous waste regulations. Duties may include identifying, handling, generating, accumulating, storing, labeling, and on-site transporting of hazardous wastes.
Must be able to work multiple shifts, including weekends.
Must be able to work overtime as required.
Contact Person: Claudia Villegas
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903