Darigold is looking for a highly qualified and driven Senior Advanced Instrumentation & Operations Technician to join our Operations team. The Sr. AIOT Technician will be responsible for supporting and maintaining operational capability, creating and implementing solutions to improve operational performance, and to deliver and maintain technology systems in our manufacturing facilities.
• Acts as technical resource for electrical and electronic systems to the plants and engineering group to support and deliver technical services and controls automation solutions to resolve manufacturing issues and improve operational performance.
• Experience with both Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Windows based PC’s / VM’s and industrial network architectures and ability to effectively apply these technologies in a manufacturing environment.
• Actively collaborates as a team member in a high-performance cross functional work team environment, including plant and regional manufacturing technical resources, engineering and IT.
• Acts as a leader to support and drive IT/OT standards adoption and implementation across the manufacturing enterprise.
Essential Duties (other duties as assigned):
• Provide first class technical support to the manufacturing enterprise, supporting plant operations and personnel to insure a safety first environment that delivers value to our producers and the highest quality products to our customers.
• Background in instrumentation, electrical and automation controls systems, equipment and machinery, in a Food or Dairy processing environment.
• Lead troubleshooting and root cause analysis to effectively resolve issues and deliver sustainable solutions in collaboration with plant technical peers.
• Facilitate and support the numerous manufacturing process and control systems within Operations, collaborating with Engineering, IT, Operations and Corporate management and vendor resources.
• Provide production support and maintenance for enterprise systems including: Environmental Health & Safety, OEE and Plant Key Performance Metrics, Process Controls and Automation, reporting and analytics systems for Operations, and others as directed. Ability to develop, plan and execute technical solutions including equipment bills of materials, scope of work, estimates, participate in proposal review and provide timely status updates.
• Perform preventive maintenance (PM) checks on process control equipment including instrumentation, VFD’s and electric motors.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Track record of strong people collaboration and cross functional team engagement.
• Strong background in Food or Dairy product processing systems including HTST, UHT, Filling and Packaging systems.
• Ability to establish and maintain strong, effective team relationships with multiple organizational levels.
• Strong written and verbal communication, including documentation standards.
• Ability to consistently meet deadlines and see projects through completion.
• Ability to travel up to 30%.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
• 2+ years of experience supporting Food or Dairy process controls networks, infrastructure, and security systems.
• Strong troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills with electrical and controls systems and associated programming
• Experience in maintaining PLC and HMI solutions (Allen Bradley / FactoryTalk preferable), specifying hardware and software for controls and automation projects.
• Experience with controls power distribution layouts, panel layouts, hardware specification.
• Experience in specifying, configuring and maintaining VFDs.
• Perform Preventative Maintenance (PM) tasks on instrumentation and automation equipment.
Darigold is known for delivering fresh, high quality, value-added dairy products to people, & customer-driven solutions to organizations, all around the globe. We are the 5th largest dairy Co-Op in the US & one of the largest privately held organizations headquartered in Seattle, Washington. We produce over 9 billion pounds of milk every year! Since 1918, our Farmer-owners have taken great pride in producing nutritious dairy products with unsurpassed quality. Our work environment provides a results driven, collaborative space, with open & transparent communication, & a culture of celebrating everyone’s wins. Our mid-size private business model provides the ability to have dynamic involvement at all levels of our organization. We’re also proud to say we offer an excellent Total Compensation Package & a few other unique perks to our industry!
At Darigold we embrace diversity & welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, creed, religion, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law- We’re proud to say we are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
As a condition of employment applicants offered a role will be required to successfully pass our pre-employment background screen, receive a negative drug screen result & confirm eligibility to work in the U.S. We participate in E-Verify- please follow the links for details, English / Spanish & view our Right to Work Statement, English / Spanish.
Contact Person: Twyla Hatchett
Location: Sunnyside, WA
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903