Darigold is looking for an experienced and driven Operations Technology and Automation (OT) Engineer to join our Operations team. The OT Engineer will be responsible for creating and implementing solutions to improve operational performance, support and enhance capability and deliver and maintain technology systems in our manufacturing facilities.
• Acts as technical resource to the plants and engineering group to support and deliver technical services and Controls Automation solutions to resolve manufacturing issues and improve operational performance.
• Understands both Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Windows based PC’s and VM’s and industrial network architectures and how to effectively apply these technologies to a dairy manufacturing environment.
• Actively collaborates as a team member in a high-performance cross functional work team environment, including plant and regional manufacturing technical resources, engineering, and IT.
• Acts as a leader to support and drive OT standards adoption and implementation across the manufacturing enterprise.
Essential Duties (other duties as assigned):
• Provide first class technical support to the manufacturing enterprise, supporting plant operations and personnel to insure a safety first environment that delivers value to our producers and the highest quality products to our customers.
• Understands and has experience in manufacturing processes in industrial plants (preferably Food and Beverage), electrical control systems, equipment, and machinery.
• Develops, plans, and executes technical solutions including equipment bills of materials, scope of work, estimates, participate in proposal review and provide timely status updates.
• Provide leadership in knowledge transfer and implementation of approved standards and practices for IT/OT systems, including network implementation, PLC’s and field devices, and IT systems.
• Lead troubleshooting and root cause analysis to effectively resolve issues and deliver sustainable solutions in collaboration with plant technical peers.
• Facilitate and support the numerous manufacturing process and control systems within Operations, collaborating with Engineering, IT, Operations and Corporate management and vendor resources.
• Provide production support and maintenance for enterprise systems including: Environmental Health & Safety, OEE and Plant Key Performance Metrics, Process Controls and Automation, reporting and analytics systems for Operations, and others as directed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Track record of strong people collaboration and cross functional team engagement.
• Ability to establish and maintain strong, effective team relationships with multiple organizational levels across manufacturing sites and corporate.
• Strong written and verbal communication, including documentation standards.
• Ability to consistently meet deadlines and see projects through completion.
• Ability to travel up to 50%.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
• 4+ years of experience in systems integration, managing manufacturing process control applications, supporting software and databases, support, and ongoing process improvement efforts.
• 2+ years of experience supporting manufacturing process controls networks, infrastructure, and security systems.
• Strong troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills with electrical and controls systems and associated programming
• Experience in developing PLC and HMI solutions (AllenBradley / FactoryTalk preferable) and specifying hardware and software for controls and automation projects.
• Experience with controls power distribution layouts, panel layouts, hardware specification.
Darigold is known for delivering fresh, high quality, value-added dairy products to people, & customer-driven solutions to organizations, all around the globe. We are the 5th largest dairy Co-Op in the US & one of the largest privately held organizations headquartered in Seattle, Washington. We produce over 10 billion pounds of milk every year! Since 1918, our Farmer-owners have taken great pride in producing nutritious dairy products with unsurpassed quality. Our work environment provides a results driven, collaborative space, with open & transparent communication, & a culture of celebrating everyone’s wins. Our mid-size private business model provides the ability to have dynamic involvement at all levels of our organization. We are also proud to say we offer an excellent Total Compensation Package & a few other unique perks to our industry!
Our vision at Darigold is to Lead Dairy Forward – achieving that vision requires cultivating and supporting a team with varying backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are committed to providing a workplace based on mutual respect where all employees feel included and can bring their best and authentic selves to work every day.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, creed, religion, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
As a condition of employment applicants offered a role will be required to successfully pass our pre-employment background screen, receive a negative drug screen result & confirm eligibility to work in the U.S. We participate in E-Verify - please follow the links for details, English / Spanish & view our Right to Work Statement, English / Spanish.
Contact Person: Twyla Hatchett
Location: Jerome, ID; Chalis, WA or Portland, OR
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903