Employer: Johnson Controls
Since the start of the pandemic our focus has been on the safety of our employees, customers, partners and communities, while continuing to run our business and support our customers. We continue to see an increasing number of our customers and partners implementing vaccine mandates for those working within their facilities, including our employees. More than 1000 of our customers in the U.S. are currently requiring vaccination from their suppliers, with this number increasing every day.
The U.S. Federal government is one of BSNA’s largest customers and the Federal government recently issued multiple vaccination requirements that directly impact our company. A cross-functional team worked diligently to sift through the complexities of those requirements and determined the best solution with both our employees and our customers in mind. The team developed a site classification model to manage the Federal requirements, and area and local leadership teams determined site classifications based on Federal work, capacity needs, customer requirements, market conditions, etc.
As a result of that review, management has determined that this role now requires candidates to be vaccinated in order to meet our Federal government and/or customer obligations. We thank you for your patience and support as we work through this complexities.
What you will do
Under general supervision, conducts preventive maintenance, repair, installation, and commissioning and general servicing of systems (including detailed troubleshooting of systems). Responsible for high levels of customer satisfaction through direct, on site, customer interface. Mentors’ mechanical technicians on building automation activities. Properly completes required project and service documentation.
How you will do it
- Diagnoses and repairs complex control systems malfunctions requiring extensive knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital controls systems and ability to test and write modifications in multiple languages of systems software.
- Provides sketches of field changes and discrepancies for engineering corrections and drawings.
- Communicates with customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site. Ensures high levels of customer satisfaction. Meets regularly with customer to become familiar with operating problems. Keeps customer informed on the nature of service provided, outstanding issues and recommends system enhancements, upgrades, and or replacement. Promotes the sale of add-on work.
- Manages assigned work to meet professional execution of time and customer satisfaction.
- Report’s problems or changes to management immediately. Interfaces with branch manager, service manager, service project manager, or subcontractors on projects to coordinate activities as required in an ethical and professional manner.
- Adheres to all Johnson Controls and customer safety standards. Provides safety awareness on worksites.
- May provide training to customers on electronic control systems operations. Delivers manuals and documentation to the customer for training needs as required.
- Mentors and trains mechanical workforce on building automation systems. Provides support to the mechanical staff on non-complex, non-critical equipment.
- Compiles job documentation, such as certificate of completion, customer training forms, training certificates and punch lists
- Conducts extensive self-study (reading, research, and practice) to improve and maintain technical proficiency in company's product lines. Completes certifications as required by the company.
- Other duties related to the commissioning and servicing of building controls and facilities management systems as assigned.
What we look for
- Vocational School four-year program or an Associate degree in computer technology, electronics, mechanical systems, air conditioning or similar field.
- Three years of industry experience or five years of experience in servicing electronic and or mechanical systems in HVAC.
- Generally required knowledge includes HVAC controls systems, facilities management systems, site preparation, peripheral equipment installation and servicing techniques
- Effective interpersonal skills to represent Johnson Controls to customers and other outside contacts in an ethical and professional manner.
- Ability to explain technical information to technical and non-technical people.
- Leadership skills to support the activities of mechanics working on non-complex, non-critical building automation equipment on a job site.
- PC experience required and the ability to program HVAC related software.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view more information about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a candidate, visit EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit here.
Contact Person: Roland Mimms
Location: Medford, Oregon
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903