Employer: Calpine Corporation
Job Summary: (includes but is not limited to the following, other duties may be assigned):
A Plant Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the geothermal power plants in the assigned area of responsibility.
The Level 2 operator is required to use computers and monitoring equipment to measure, record and adjust the plant operating parameters. They will be performing a variety of operational activities such as plant equipment troubleshooting and LOTO. They must be able to assist in the development of standard operational routines, procedures and provide input to plant improvement projects. They will be required to operate plant equipment including man-lifts, forklifts, and handle bulk chemicals offloads. He or she will be an active participant in his/her training and providing training to other employees. A plant operator must be able to oversee, control and operate plant equipment and processes to safely and efficiently generate electrical energy. They must ensure compliance with all local, State and Federal regulations and plant procedures. Additional job duties will be assigned as business needs dictate.
• Journey-level; specialized technical knowledge with function.
• Experience with power plant control board / DCS operation and process oversight.
• Performs a variety of technical service/support duties that are semi-routine in nature.
• Experience in geothermal power production or other power plant
• Routine and non-routine decisions with some latitude, but still subject to approval.
• With limited guidance, prioritizes and executes responsibilities effectively for a single trade, group of related tasks or functional area.
• Work periodically reviewed by others; work reflects solid performance of duties.
• Errors have small and possibly incremental impact on department or facility and discovered in succeeding operations where work is verified or checked.
• Completes tasks and resolves problems that require an ability to recognize deviation from accepted practices.
• Resolves most questions and problems and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels.
• Responsible for regulating voltage dispatch as well as power generation targets.
• Maintains the clean and orderly condition of the plant area.
• Works under general supervision.
• Prioritizes daily activities to complete tasks/projects assigned by others.
• May assist with orienting and training employees in moderately simple to complex areas.
• High School Diploma, degree from technical/vocational school, military service or equivalent.
• Journey-level; generally, 6 years directly related experience including understanding of health and safety regulations, and previous experience working with and around hazardous energy, chemicals and waste materials including knowledge of safe handling, storage, and transport.
• Requires previous experience using test equipment and calibration appliances. Experience with machinery repair and control systems.
• Strong mechanical aptitude and basic understanding of chemistry, physics, electricity, and mathematics.
• Basic certifications/licensures. Valid state driver’s license.
Calpine requires an individual who is newly hired into this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 within the first 28 days of employment - if not already vaccinated prior to starting employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Calpine’s HR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment. Calpine does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.
Please apply through the following link: https://rn11.ultipro.com/CAL1005/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=4253&__jbsrc=
Contact Person: Erin Lee
Location: Middletown, CA
Application Method: Resume
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903