Employer: Key Technology
Looking for a great place to work? Key Technology is an international team of professionals serving the food processing and industrial markets with automated inspection and sorting, specialized conveying, grading & sizing and processing/preparation systems. We are currently seeking experienced Welders at our Redmond, Oregon.
Operates welding machines utilizing GMAW, GTAW and SMAW processes. Oxy-Acetylene torches and Plasma cutting are also used in combination with various types of hand, pneumatic, and power tools to build various types of food processing equipment.
- Primary job is to lay out, tack up, and weld equipment in the weld department.
- Understands and follows corporate welding processes and procedures very closely.
- Operates machines at production levels with little supervision and performs preventative maintenance on machines as needed.
- Reads job specifications to determine correct machine settings and material requirements.
- Uses fixtures, templates, stops or guides as required, to build equipment per blueprint specification.
- Upon completion of job makes sure it is free of any weld or dimensional defects.
- Completes jobs according to times and dates provided on the job router or Supervisor to maintain shop schedule.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, work ethic, and is able to work well with others.
Must be able to read and interpret manufacturing drawings and sketches, including welding symbols. Read and understand written processes and welding procedures. Pass written and performance workmanship qualification test using the GMAW process in stainless structural steel or sheet metal in accordance with Key Technology’s Procedure.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum 3 years of experience in SMAW, GMAW, and GTAW processes; two years of which shall be in the GMAW process. Completion of certified weld training is a plus but is not required. A minimum of 3 years manufacturing and or construction experience is also required or a combination of job experience and certified training.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, blue prints and procedure manuals. Ability to write short routine correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, blue print or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Why Work at Key?
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Health Savings Account,
Paid time off, paid holidays
401K Savings Plan with company match.
Tuition Reimbursement, promote from within, shadowing opportunities
All candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and background and reference check.
Location: Redmond, OR
Application Method: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=32392&clientkey=4EB9D7F2DAFD0D3DA0F822EA2A4D1EB7
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903