Employer: Republic Services
POSITION SUMMARY: With general direction, this role performs a variety of routine and non-routine moderately complex billing functions to ensure the proper preparation of accurate and timely bills to customers based on service contract terms and also is responsible for related activities.
- Following standard operating procedures, this role prepares monthly billing adjustments, obtains required approvals and enters adjustments into the billing system.
- Researches and resolves routine and non-routine billing questions and discrepancies. Following standard operating procedures, determines the appropriate adjustment codes to process the transaction.
- Reviews invoices for completeness and accuracy. Follows up with customers or other division staff/management to resolve identified discrepancies.
- May calculate and prepare manual billings for non-routine, complex billing arrangements.
- May gather and summarize supplemental billing information to accommodate customer billing requirements.
- Reviews various billing system reports to identify billing discrepancies. Makes corrections as appropriate to ensure accurate billing following standard operating procedures.
- Posts cash receipts to customer accounts based on information from lock box reports and local cash receipt listings. Performs basic and routine research to resolve differences or unidentified / misapplied payments.
- Posts payments as appropriate into the billing system to clear open obligations, or prepares remittance advices to accompany payments sent to the lock box or corporate office.
- May accept credit card payment from customers over the phone and process recurring payments.
- May complete customer set up in company billing system(s).
-May act as a resource for less experienced personnel within the division or other divisions. This includes answering questions and providing training and support for others.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Directly related experience in which incumbents have worked with customers in a billing function in a service based industry.
A thorough knowledge and understanding of billing transactions and processes.
High school diploma or G.E.D.
A minimum of eighteen months related billing experience.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
Short- and long-term disability.
Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
Employee discount programs.
401(k) plan with a generous company match.
Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Location: Wilsonville, OR
Application Method: Online: https://www.republicservices.jobs/job/15269976/billing-coordinator-wilsonville-or/
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903