Employer: EVCO Integrated Solutions
Title: Design Engineer / Adam Denton
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Responsibility of design and quoting of the following:
• Technical direction and engineering for the following systems:
o Access Control
o Intercom and Clock
• Engineering staff to provide quotes/bids and technical support to the sales department to assist the sales process.
• Review drafting staff creation of shop drawings and design drawings as required by the construction and design-build processes.
1. Serve as the system expert and standard setter for all Sound & AV systems.
2. System Design to meet the needs of the customer and the budget while maintaining a high degree of reliability, quality, and value.
3. Estimation and take-off for bid work for all Access Control, Intrusion, CCTV, CATV Panging, Intercom and Clock systems.
4. Creation of material & labor quotes for direct sales.
5. Change Order pricing and processing.
6. Review and modification of bid equipment list to meet the requirements of the customer and specification.
7. Communication with Electrical Engineers, and Electrical Contractors to ensure success of the project for EVCO.
8. Provide on-site evaluation of buildings and facilities as required to create accurate quotes.
9. Pre-Sales Engineering design support to the Sales Department.
10. Pre-Sales Engineering design work and for consulting engineering and architectural firms.
11. Work directly with Field Supervisors, Lead Technicians and Project Coordinators to ensure communication between Engineering and Operations.
12. Project specific support to the Installation Department.
13. Periodically assist in commissioning of installed systems to keep up with current technology and installation practices.
14. Meeting with Manufacturer and Distribution representatives to learn about new products and product.
15. Curation of product pricing and part numbers for import into business accounting software.
1. Oversight of processes & procedures concerning drafting standards.
2. Oversight of creation of shop drawings, design-build drawings and other drafting related work to serve the sales department, installation department, electrical contractors and the construction process.
3. Provide direction to drafters for overall look and feel of drawings and technical publications.
4. Oversight of final review of drawings before release and submittal.
5. Review and interpretation of returned drawing and cut sheet submittals.
6. Provide drawing revisions as required.
7. Oversee the completion of as-built drawings to meet the requirements of the construction process.
1. Create an atmosphere of teamwork built on trust.
2. Cultivate and motivate high individual and team performance.
3. Take responsibility for their team members and their team's results.
4. Continually evaluate policies and practices to ensure they are always improving quality and efficiency.
5. Actively participate in personal and professional development and maintain knowledge of current and new technologies that the company offers.
The Design Engineer shall possess a two-year electronics degree or equivalent combination of education and related field experience. Must possess a working knowledge of low voltage communications systems specifically Access Control, Intrusion, CCTV, CATV Panging, Intercom and Clock. Experience in reviewing bid documents for purposes of evaluating and preparing comprehensive bill of materials and scope of work descriptions. Must possess a strong work ethic; with a sense of urgency to complete jobs on schedule while maintaining high levels of accuracy.
Occasional travel to customer and vendor sites is required.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of Architectural and Electrical drawings and schematics.
2. Knowledge of general construction practices.
3. AutoCAD drafting, Bluebeam Revu, and Microsoft Office.
4. Possess a valid and current driver’s license.
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements:
1. Employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
2. Most of the work day will be spent at a desk or computer station.
3. Some light lifting of objects is required. 20 pounds.
4. Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
5. Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. Management has the right to revise this description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason as outlined in the employee manual or other written agreement.
Location: Spokane, WA
Application Method: email resume to Kevin: email@example.com
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903