Employer: Kwik Lok Corporation
INTERN – PRODUCT MANAGER
Kwik Lok has been producing a product that most of us have depended on our entire lives – the clip that closes your produce and loaves of bread to keep it fresh! Kwik Lok is an innovation and engineering organization focused on sustainability. We are in the business of “hacking the package” – innovating clever advantages in packaging to get food to the table faster, fresher, and safer while reducing waste. Kwik Lok is a 3rd generation, family-owned company headquartered in Yakima, WA with 8 offices and 6 plants worldwide. We are a mid-size company delivering our product to almost 100 countries.
We know that people are looking for jobs that are a better fit in their lives right now. Here are a few pieces of information that might help you decide whether Kwik Lok is a good fit for you:
• Inclusive culture: Kwik Lok is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion to increase the success of our employees and customers. We want every person to feel part of the team! Our team members come from a variety of backgrounds, and we see value in learning from each other’s different perspectives.
• Innovation: Our goal is to create an environment where employees can be curious and express ideas to identify new and better solutions. We want every employee to be engaged in improving our workplace and work processes. Innovation isn't just for engineers!
• Meaningful work: We know that every job has things you'll love doing and things you'll love less. Our goal is to engage our employees in our vision for the company and provide them with meaningful work where they can learn, grow, and be part of solutions that improve the lives of our customers and their communities while protecting the health of our planet. No matter what your job entails, we want you to know that what you do makes a difference.
• Impacting the community and environment: Kwik Lok takes corporate social responsibility seriously, and we appreciate that our position in the industry gives us the ability to help do good in so many areas. We are committed to providing educational and economic opportunity, improving well-being, fostering innovation, and protecting the planet. You can read our most recent Sustainability Report on our website.
• Work-life balance: At Kwik Lok, we know that in order for you to be your best at work, you need time to recharge as well. Whenever possible, we offer flexibility in start/stop times and even opportunities for remote work. We want you energized at work, and when the day is done we want you to go home and enjoy your personal life!
The Product Manager Intern opportunity provides students with hands-on professional experience and portfolio building while gaining internship credit towards related academic programs. This position primarily supports the implementation of Kwik Lok’s developing products and leverages data to successfully execute assigned directives that impact our industry. This position reports to Kwik Lok’s Vice President of Engineering & Innovation and often collaborates with the Engineering team and the Solutions Architect Intern.
This is a temporary position, which will begin in June or July of 2022, and end in August or September of 2022, depending on the student’s schedule. This position upholds the Kwik Lok Corporation philosophies with dedication to continuous improvement in food safety, quality, and integrity.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND RESULTS
• Bridge business needs and technological innovation, supporting both Kwik Lok’s technical vision and business strategy.
• Develop new product roadmaps and new feature deployment strategies.
• Create system architectures for hardware and software.
• Assist with defining functional requirements and stages of implementation for new product solutions.
• Conduct tradeoff analyses.
• Compose reports and presentation deliverables for Engineering department.
• Attend weekly tag-ups and group meetings.
• Other duties as assigned based on skills and interest.
• Education requirements: Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university with coursework in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Engineering, or Computer Science; Academic standing as an undergraduate Junior, Senior or graduate student
• Software: Microsoft Office and cloud-based software; ability to code a plus
• Knowledge & Skills required:
o Familiarity with supply chain, customer behaviors, data collection, and analysis
o Working knowledge of predictive modeling, machine learning, and experimentation
o Understanding of OEM, supplier data, and manufacturing trends
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug and background screening
• Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship, or possess a current F-1 visa and be enrolled in a Curricular Practical Training (CPT) program.
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
• Approaches work with an innovative spirit, is eager to learn, and is constantly focused on continual improvement.
• Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment.
• Technical aptitude, with the ability to navigate technological ambiguity.
• Understanding of end-to-end processes that scale, particularly with respect to supply chain management.
• Possesses advanced and concise communication skills (writing, listening, verbal), able to communicate and work closely with highly technical personnel.
• Can collaborate and work effectively across functional lines and work independently.
• Ability to prioritize workload completion under tight deadlines.
ALL THE DETAILS…
• Pay commensurate with experience: (Undergraduate: $15/hour, Graduate: $18.00/hour)
• Schedule: 20 hours minimum per week, 7am – 6pm PST (must work 8 hours within that time window)
• Internship Length: Summer, begins in June/July of 2022, ends in August/September of 2022
• Work location: Fully Remote
• Telework expectations: Must be available and responsive during scheduled work hours, and possess a physical workspace that facilitates telework (internet access, ability to focus on work during work hours if others are present in the home, successfully complete telework environment safety assessments on a regular basis). Intern must use video during virtual meetings to support non-verbal communication continuity. Kwik Lok will supply the Intern with all necessary technology to perform work.
• Work conditions: Regularly sitting and/or standing at a computer. Constantly hearing, seeing, and talking.
Apply at: https://kwik-lok.breezy.hr/
To learn more about Kwik Lok, visit www.kwiklok.com
Kwik Lok is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We value a diverse workforce and provides equal opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, genetic information, or status as a veteran. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. To view labor compliance information, click here.
Contact Person: Megan Garrett
Phone: (509) 248-4770
Location: Yakima, Washington or REMOTE
Application Method: Resume
Base Pay: $15.00/hour
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903