Employer: Warn Industries
WARN Industries is actively recruiting a new Tool & Dye Maker. Despite the local challenges in the economy, WARN has experienced tremendous growth. We continue to be recognized as the global leader in winch manufacturing and design. In operation since 1948, we are looking for talented, smart, and dedicated individuals who are passionate about making the best product available.
Under general supervision constructs, maintains, and repairs machine shop tools, dies, jigs, fixtures and R&D prototypes requiring a high degree of accuracy and close tolerances. Assignments require considerable ingenuity and are varied in nature. May provide technical guidance to other team members.
1. Work safely and without injury.
2. Operates a variety of machine tools and works with designers and engineers to develop or modify tooling.
3. Works from blueprints, specifications and diagrams.
4. Checks work using precision inspection instruments and devices.
5. Inspects complex components from vendors and production to ensure conformance to engineering schematics, standards and specifications.
6. Responsible for prompt and regular attendance as scheduled.
7. May be required to work overtime.
8. Accountable for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance in assigned area. Responsible for design and operating effectiveness of internal controls, including a self-assessment and report to management.
9. Accountable for developing and monitoring processes and practices necessary for legal and ethical compliance in assigned area.
Required Education and/or Experience:
1. HS diploma or equivalent is required.
2. Minimum machine experience should include operation of manual lathes, mills, CNC (general programming), surface grinders, horizontal and vertical saws, and basic machine shop equipment.
3. Master Cam 2018 and Siemens NX not required but is preferred.
1. Must have knowledge of all machine shop tools.
2. Must have good application knowledge of shop math.
3. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
4. Ability to work collaboratively and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, customers and visitors.
5. Ability to effectively problem-solve.
6. Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
7. Ability to facilitate activities necessary to a project’s completion.
8. Must be enthusiastic about adopting Warn Industries’ Core Values: Never Compromise Trust, Honesty, Partner with Customers, Commitment, Teamwork, Personal Development, Lead by Example.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties that may be required for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this or similar positions and additional duties may be assigned.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Contact Person: Koren Coulter
Location: Clackamas, OR
Application Method: Resume
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903