Employer: City of Toppenish
City of Toppenish
Building Official/Zoning Administrator
The City is seeking a collaborative and capable Building Official with strong leadership skills to effectively oversee and guide the department, as well as perform plan review, inspections, and zoning determinations. The individual will establish relationships and work cooperatively with City staff, the public, and various other entities. He or she will be someone who consistently demonstrates sound professional judgment, reasons logically, and takes a strategic approach to problem-solving.
Reporting to the City Manager, this department director position is responsible for oversight of the City’s Development Services Department, consisting of the Building Official/Zoning Administrator, Code Enforcement Officer, and Permit Technician. This position is responsible for City licensing operations, plan review, permit tracking and issuance, on-site building inspections, and code enforcement as well as intake and coordination of all city permits.
Please see Job Description on the City's website for additional position information.
The City offers excellent benefits:
• Monthly Salary Range: $7,316 – $9,511 (DOE)
• 90% paid Medical for employee and dependents
• 100% paid Dental and Vision employee and dependents
• 13.3 hours/month Vacation, 8 hours/month Sick Leave, and 12 paid Holidays
• Longevity after 2 years
• 40-hour vacation cash-out per year
• Deferred Compensation (optional)
• Retirement Contribution
• Interpreter Incentive Pay (Spanish)
How to Apply:
Job description and application can be found at: www.cityoftoppenish.us.
2. Cover letter (including plan review experience)
3. Resume (including list of certifications)
Mail: Toppenish Human Resources, 21 West First Avenue, Toppenish, WA 98948
Closed: Open until filled
The City of Toppenish is an equal opportunity employer.
Contact Person: Sabrina Renfrew
Location: Toppenish, WA
Application Method: Application
Base Pay: $7,316 - $9,511/ MO (DOE)
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903