Employer: CRH Americas Materials
Repairs and maintains construction equipment and mechanical equipment such as trucks, trailers, batch plants, paving machines, bulldozers, engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and other equipment by performing the following duties.
This is a swing/mid shift position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Troubleshoots problems, making economical and durable repairs.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts using hoists and hand tools.
- Maintains and repairs heavy equipment, trucks, shop, and non-mobile equipment on a company-wide basis.
- Services vehicles/equipment to include oil changes, greasing, adding fluids, changing filters and maintaining preventative maintenance schedules. Troubleshoots and repairs electrical and hydraulic systems, diesel and gasoline engines, transmissions, drive trains, etc.
- Orders parts and supplies. Maintains purchase orders and invoices. Operates computer for job functions.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Starts devices to test their performance.
- Welds broken parts and structural members.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Take action to avoid potential hazards or obstructions.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Regular and timely attendance.
- Participate in and promote an inclusive work environment.
- Routinely assist other members of the work force in different areas of production.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Demonstrated mechanic experience in a shop setting.
Diesel mechanic experience highly preferred.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
Proficient with Windows, Excel, Word, Cat ET, Cummins Insite and Detroit programs.
CDL preferred but not required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to work well with others in a group or one on one setting.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to type and use keyboards accurately and have knowledge of Database software.
Ability to pass pre-employment background check, physical assessment, and drug screen.
Must have a current and valid driver’s license.
CDL preferred but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to signal and handle equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 50-75 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
What CRH Offers You:
Highly competitive base pay
Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
Group retirement savings program
Health and wellness programs
A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
CRH is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Contact Person: Jessica Olson
Location: Hood River, OR
Application Method: Resume
Base Pay: Varies
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903