Employer: Premera Blue Cross
Join Our Team: Do Meaningful Work and Improve People’s Lives
Our purpose, to improve customers’ lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. And so are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
To better serve our customers, we’re creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership. We are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
To learn more about our COVID-19 vaccination and accommodation requirements, please visit our Careers landing page.
As a Facilities Technician II, you will provide facility maintenance services and basic equipment troubleshooting of systems such as general furniture repairs, locks, event set-ups, lighting, plumbing and minor electrical work. In this role, you will complete campus work orders, building checks and other related projects in association with goals set by the Facilities Team Lead. In addition, you will perform equipment preventative maintenance and complete special projects as required to maintain our properties.
What you will do:
- Perform basic facility maintenance services and equipment troubleshooting such as painting, plumbing, locks, lighting, basic electrical and audio equipment.
- Assist with event set-up including electrical and audio-visual.
- Input, update, and complete work orders in computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) and communicates progress with customers.
- Assist in maintaining associate safety requirements while overseeing or working on facility related projects.
- Assist in mechanical maintenance of HVAC, refrigeration equipment, kitchen equipment and other building systems as required.
- Document and maintain records on building changes as they relate to office footprint changes.
- Member of Facilities Incident Response Team (IRT)
- Perform other duties or special assignments as required including systems furniture or equipment reconfiguration to complete room set-ups.
What you will bring:
- High school education or GED (Required)
- A current, valid driver's license. Will need to pass driving record check as this role operates a company vehicle. (Required)
- An ability to lift 50 lbs safely, move throughout catwalks, climb ladders and work at heights. (Required)
- Previous experience in working directly with customers to resolve issues. (Required)
- Experience making facility repairs, preferably in an office building environment (Required)
- Experience with computer systems. (Preferred)
- Three (3) years of related hands-on trade skills experience is preferred. Experience working with building construction, plumbing, locks, painting, lighting, and minor electrical equipment replacement. (Preferred)
What we offer
Medical, vision and dental coverage
Life and disability insurance
Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan)
Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
Generous Paid Time Off to reenergize
Equal employment opportunity/affirmative action:
Premera is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Premera seeks to attract and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
If you need an accommodation to apply online for positions at Premera, please contact Premera Human Resources via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 425-918-4785.
Location: Mountlake Terrace, WA
Application Method: Online: https://premera.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/premera/job/Mountlake-Terrace-WA/Facilities-Technician-II_R24588
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903