Employer: CRH Americas Materials
Our paid internship program provides a rich and rewarding hands-on learning experience and the opportunity to make a contribution to our organization. Our interns work in their course of study under close direction of an experienced supervisor/manager. Our quality control interns work in our quarries and test concrete, aggregate, and asphalt building materials to ensure they meet our high-quality standards.
Location: Location flexible. Can be based out of Yakima and Tri-Cities. May include limited local travel.
• Learn Quality Control methods and reporting procedures.
• Follow quality control plans or guidelines as assigned
• Learn entire paving process and density control.
• Work with QC Technicians to further understand smoothness determinations and IRI reporting.
• Learn how to conduct and test equipment calibrations.
• Work to understand concrete and aggregate processing and quality conformance.
• Assist with testing materials in a safe, efficient, and productive manner.
• Identify and become familiar with various mix specifications requirements.
• Test materials to determine specific requirements such as weight, gravity, temperature, thickness, and gradation of mix components.
• Communicate with other technicians regarding mix specifications and test results.
• Input test result data into computers in laboratories and remote locations.
• Communicate and assist personnel in adjusting processes to conform to specifications.
• Report and communicate test results ethically, adhering to the companies Ethics Policy.
• Regular and timely attendance
• Participate in and promote and inclusive work environment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Currently enrolled or recent graduate of a related field degree program
• Must be available to work approximately 40 hours per week
• Must have a current and valid driver’s license
• Ability to follow verbal and written instruction.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Detail oriented
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions
• Willingness to work in a team environment
• Ability to perform intermediate mathematical skills, including basic algebra.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Offers You
Highly competitive base pay
Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
Group retirement savings program
Health and wellness programs
A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
American Rock Products, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Contact Person: Jessica Olson
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: Varies
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903