Employer: Legacy Health
Hire-on bonus of $3,700 and relocation assistance available for this position, subject to eligibility
You serve as a crucial link between patient and physician, ensuring that the proper tests are administered and the results are accurately reported. Your care, competency and attention to detail reinforce the Legacy mission of making life better for others.
The Medical Assistant I – Clinics is responsible for assisting with patient care, maintaining department/clinic efficiency and other duties, as assigned. Participates as a member of the health care team in cooperation with and under the direction of a physician. Participates in daily operations under the supervisor or manager.
Are you looking for a Medical Assistant opportunity with a different schedule or at another Legacy Health location? Please click here to see a list of other openings.
- Prepares patients and rooms for exams and procedures.
- Performs basic laboratory testing, point of care testing, phlebotomy and other quality controls.
- Administers medications as directed by physician/ nurse practitioner (as per site operations).
- Assists physician/nurse practitioner with exams and procedures.
- Performs procedures within scope of practice.
- Accurately documents medical information in the patient records.
- Tracks and routes test results to physician(s)/nurse practitioner(s) for review, and file results in medical records (as per site operations).
- Communicates test results with patients when deemed appropriate by physician/nurse practitioner.
- Facilitates patient care activities, to include scheduling ancillary tests, reinforcing patient education, and performs triage as appropriate and directed by physician/nurse practitioner (as per site operation).
- Maintains adequate inventory of medical, office, and pharmaceutical supplies.
- Demonstrates and maintains professional behavior in accordance with established standards.
- Exercises timely, concise, and appropriate use of telephone to meet needs of external and internal customers.
- Performs basic computer skills in using electronic health record proficiently while conducting daily documentation and communications involved in patient care.
- Processes orders appropriately and accurately.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Experience as a back office medical assistant in a clinic setting. One-year experience preferred. Keyboard skills and ability to navigate electronic systems applicable to job functions.
Completion of a medical assistant program or successful completion of a formal medical services training program of the United States Armed Forces.
LEGACY’S VALUES IN ACTION:
Follows guidelines set forth in Legacy’s Values in Action.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Washington and Oregon:
Current American Heart Association approved CPR certification required.
MA certification required upon hire, or within one year of hire, from either the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), the American Medical Technologists (AMT), the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) or the National Healthcare Association (NHA). AAMA preferred. Certification may be required upon hire, depending on the needs of the department.
Washington State certification as a Medical Assistant-Certified or Interim Medical Assistant-Certified required, including completion of required Washington State AIDS training (including those who float into the role).
(Note for Internal Use Only: Update MA-P status)
Location: Portland. OR
Application Method: Online: https://careers-lhs.icims.com/jobs/24131/med-asst-i-clinics/job
Base Pay: $19.68 - $28.13/ HR
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903