Employer: Klickitat County PUD Dist #1
The IT Support Technician is an integral part of the KPUD team. Responsible for the provision of basic technical assistance and support to end users through helpdesk ticketing system, telephone, and in person communication. Responds to user technical needs by determining the problem, implementing a solution, or triaging and communicating problem to other departmental staff. Maintains and supports deployment of mobile devices (cell phones and tablets) and provides technical support and troubleshooting.
The IT Support Technician is responsible for set up and tear down of various audio/visual/computer needs for meetings and other events. Able to provision a system using enterprise imaging technologies and install at desktop in a clean and organized fashion.
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
• Provide tier 1 technical support for a variety of business functions, software and devices, including desktops, laptops, printers, copiers, smart phones and tablets.
• Assist end users and troubleshoot problems in a timely manner.
• Respond to end user inquiries in a professional, cordial manner, and advocate for the end user until their problem has been satisfactorily resolved.
• Follows company and departmental policies and enforces them with end users.
• Setup/takedown end user workstations in a clean, organized manner.
• Able to manipulate and position a typical computer workstation, monitor, area printer, battery backup, and other associated peripherals.
• Able to physically manage under-desk computer installations, as well as, carry or unpack large orders of computers and monitors.
• Provide frontline awareness with regards to virus and crypto locking software. Able to recognize and report anomalies immediately.
• Perform routine maintenance of devices and end user equipment including hardware cleaning both onsite and offsite.
• Responsible for mobile (phone and tablet) application installation and maintenance and associated record keeping responsibilities.
• Maintains documentation for both end users and IT staff.
• Supports IT department goals and helps promote a positive team environment.
• Participates in department meetings, internal committees or work groups as requested.
• Actively and positively participates in these meetings to brainstorm, find solutions, and share information.
• Installs, diagnoses, repairs, maintains, and upgrades a variety of systems, software, hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal performance and compatibility.
• Confers with Network Administrator and vendors to resolve problems.
• Provides backup support for Information Technology staff including, but not limited to, maintaining, auditing, and troubleshooting Servers & Backup devices.
• Provides telephone and onsite technical support to users, or refers support problem to the appropriate staff member. Performs follow up to critical incidents and problems until resolved.
• Maintains knowledge to keep abreast of evolving technology.
• Perform such other activities as may be required or directed.
• Knowledge of file and disk management; utilities applications; PC hardware configurations, including storage devices, printers, graphics, communications, and related software.
• Candidate must be proficient with Windows 10, and able to provide user support.
• Exceptional organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
• Competent in computer applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Ability to read, write and communicate both orally and in writing.
• Ability to prioritize workday without assistance or direction.
• Ability to work safely, independently, and in a team environment.
• Maintain confidentiality of customer and company information and comply with legislation and policies regarding customer privacy.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and provide end users with guidance and technical assistance.
• Operate with broad direction and guidelines from supervisors.
• Ability to analyze and solve problems, understand and use technical manuals, plan and prioritize workload requirements.
• Ability to install desktop equipment and upgrades, including bios, firmware and connections to related components.
• Ability to learn a multitude of industry specific software packages.
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with other staff and the general public.
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
• Communicate clearly, concisely, effectively, and respectfully, both orally and in writing.
• Communicate effectively with peers, the public, and other employees. Ability to listen with understanding, interact in conversations, during meetings, or on the telephone.
• Adhere to schedules and structured business operations.
• Multi-task with demonstrated organizational skills.
• Work safely, independently, and in a team environment. Must be able to work as a team player and facilitate cooperation by having the drive to serve others.
• Maintain professionalism in all interactions.
• At least two years of progressively responsible related experience, including experience implementing and supporting Microsoft Windows client operating systems in a networked environment.
• Two year college degree with academic course work in computer science, business technology, or related field preferred.
• An equivalent combination of experience and training that demonstrates the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be qualifying.
• Minimum- Modern Desktop Administrator Associate: Windows 10, at time of hiring, or within six months of start of employment pass MD-100: Windows 10.
Valid Driver license: Yes, valid Washington State driver’s license.
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Proficiency with standard operating systems and office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Demonstrated organizational skills with proven ability to be detail-oriented, prioritize workloads, multi-task, and maintain a professional demeanor.
• Effectively and professionally interact with customers.
Typical Physical Demands/Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to listen with understanding and explain concepts in multiple ways.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee will use a keyboard, mouse, and telephone.
• This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing and office clean-up are required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stoop, as necessary.
• Some physical labor could be required, involving working outdoors, lifting up to 70 pounds, reaching, and climbing ladders.
• Accommodation requests will be reviewed on an individual basis.
Contact Person: Judy Woody
Location: Goldendale, WA
Application Method: Application
Base Pay: $46,319-$78,658 D.O.E.
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903