Employer: State of Washington Dept. of Social and Health Services
We are hiring an Electrician to maintain commercial equipment with voltage of 751 or more. As a member of the Facilities, Finance, and Analytics (FFA) team within our Maintenance and Operations Division, you will perform the duties of an Electrician and High Voltage Electrician at Western State Hospital in Lakewood.
- You'll have a stable, fixed day shift schedule of consistent work, with usually a 3-day weekend off.
- No traveling for electrician work or waiting for a new assignment.
- You'll work with an interesting blend of old and new technology, working on a variety of equipment.
- The work that you do safeguards the resources needed to care for and support our clients.
How much do you currently pay out of pocket for benefits?
Washington State offers one of the most competitive benefits packages in the nation. We also offer a great selection of health and retirement plans, paid leave, training, and compensation benefits for you and your family.
You will be responsible for operating and conducting maintenance work on normal, medium, and high voltage distribution systems.
Some of what you will do
- Install, modify, maintain, and repair interior and exterior wiring and cables, connections for electric machines, switches and controls, fuse boxes, breaker panels, distribution and instrument panels, buzzer and bell circuits, and hear and power circuits
- Conduct preventative maintenance program on transformers and switchgear
- Install, connect, operate, and maintain a variety of electrical equipment to include power distribution systems, portable engine generators, transformers and switches, and street lighting
- Pull, install, test, and repair cable
- Install, adjust, maintain, modify and repair sight lighting, electric motors, equipment, and instruments such as pumps, clocks, lamps, X-ray machines, stoves, timers, air conditioners, fans, metering devices, power tools, motors, switchgear, panels, generators, and refrigerators
- Check wires, inspect electric systems and equipment to detect correct faulty or worn out parts
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools
- Assure adherence to safety rules and precautions by assigned personnel
- Read and interpret plans, blueprints, and sketches
Who should apply?
Possession of a valid motor vehicle operator’s license
Possession of a valid EL01 license
And one of the following:
Completion of a recognized apprenticeship as an electrician
Full journey status as an electrician in a union
At least four years of applicable work experience
Vocational training may be substituted for work experience on a year-for-year basis
Interested? Apply today.
Questions? Please email Jenny at email@example.com or call 360-725-5848 and reference #00049.
To learn more about DSHS, go to www.dshs.wa.gov.
Per Governor Inslees’ Proclamation 21-14 (Download PDF reader) state employees must be fully vaccinated. Your vaccine status will be verified. Please note medical or religious accommodation may be available, once an offer of employment is made.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle
Washington State Department of Social and Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its programs or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
DSHS ESH Physician description image
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Location: Lakewood, WA
Application Method: Online; https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/jobs/3366437/dshs-ffa-high-voltage-electrician?keywords=electrician&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Base Pay: $4,398 - $4,974/ MO
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903