Do you want to be part of a team that is committed to supporting your growth and development? Are you interested in working in a fast-paced environment? Do you want to look forward to coming to work each day? Do you find satisfaction in supporting your team members? If you answered yes, this opportunity might be the right fit for you.
The Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) Division of Accounting and Financial Services (AFS) is seeking two committed and detail-oriented professional to fill two Fiscal Analyst 3 positions on the Project Support & Receivables team, and a highly skilled fiscal expert to fill this position. One position is a permanent position, and the other position is a project position expected to last until June 30, 2023.
AFS delivers high quality financial services, consultation and training that support WSDOT in providing safe, reliable and cost-effective transportation options to improve livable communities and economic vitality.
What to Expect
Among the varied range of responsibilities held within this role, the Fiscal Analyst 3 will:
- Conduct financial review, analysis, work order, agreements, and expenditure activities.
- Perform senior level financial review and analysis of accounting and fiscal data in accordance with federal and state regulations and WSDOT guidelines and practices.
- Process reimbursable agreements, accounts receivable and revenue activities.
- Analyze and interpret reimbursable agreements prior to set up in WSDOT’s financial systems.
- Analyze financial data from various agency fiscal and reporting systems to determine if adjustments are needed, impacting program and project budgets.
To be considered for this opportunity, the following are required:
- Associate’s degree with 18 quarter / 12 semester credits in Accounting. Additional qualifying experience may substitute for education.
- Three (3) years of experience in financial field. Additional education may substitute for experience.
- Demonstrated ability performing senior level financial analysis of accounting data in accordance with GAAP, federal and state regulations and WSDOT policy.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret, and reconcile data from different financial systems.
- Demonstrated ability independently navigate, query, update and prepare financial entries in WSDOT’s financial system, TRAINS.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and resolve difficult and complex accounting problems.
- Demonstrated ability provide sound advice and consultation to program management staff.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex financial information effectively to various audiences.
- Demonstrated ability work independently and make independent decisions within scope of responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to complete all assignments accurately and timely.
- Work effectively as part of a high-functioning team.
- Manage workload where priorities can change frequently.
It is preferred that qualified candidates also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Government experience.
- Experience with WSDOT systems (i.e. TRAINS).
This recruitment will be used to fill one permanent position and one project position (limited duration) and additional positions per business needs.
This position is eligible for remote work up to 100%, per supervisor approval.
By issuance of proclamation, the Governor of Washington State mandates that all employees who work for executive cabinet agencies (which includes the Department of Transportation) must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Compliance with this mandate is a condition of employment with WSDOT. Exemption may be granted for religious or medical purposes; however, accommodations will be subject to approval based on the essential functions required of the position.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
WSDOT does not use the E-Verify system. For more information, please visit www.uscis.gov
Work-Life Balance – We offer flexible work schedules that allow you time for your life outside of this excellent opportunity.
Paid Leave – In addition to 10 paid holidays, full-time employees earn a minimum 14 paid vacation days per year!
Tuition Assistance – Permanent employees have several options for assistance with education expenses, including tuition reimbursement programs, government discounts at participating colleges throughout the state, and eligibility for federal student loan forgiveness.
Plan For Your Future – WSDOT offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a variety of healthcare options. Employees also have their choice of state retirement programs, and much more. Go to State Benefits for more information.
Check out this video to learn more: Why WSDOT?
How to Apply
Applications for this recruitment will be accepted electronically. Your relevant experience may be evaluated to determine salary. Therefore, it is very important that the “Work Experience” portion of the application be completed in as much detail as possible.
In order to be considered for this opportunity, please include the following with your online application:
An attached Resume outlining (in reverse chronological order) your experience to date.
An attached Cover Letter that further explains your qualifications and indicates why you believe you are a viable candidate for this role.
Contact details for a minimum three (3) individuals who can attest to your work performance, technical skills, and job-related competencies. This information can be entered in the “References” section of the online application; does not require an additional attachment.
Please click the "APPLY" button to proceed. Note that you will be prompted to either sign in or create an account. This step is required in order to submit an application to this opportunity.
WSDOT is an equal opportunity employer. We value the importance of creating an environment in which all employees can feel respected, included and empowered to bring unique ideas to the agency. Our diversity and inclusion efforts include embracing different cultures, backgrounds and viewpoints while fostering growth and advancement in the workplace. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, disabled and Vietnam era veterans, as well as people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the listed Recruiter.
For inquiries about this posting, you may contact the assigned Recruiter, Amanda Strebeck, at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please be sure to reference Fiscal Analyst 3 01729 in the subject line.
Location: Olympia, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/wsdot/jobs/3449737/fiscal-analyst-3?keywords=fiscal%20analyst&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Base Pay: $47,844 - $64,332/ YR
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903