Employer: University of Washington
HMC Maintenance has an outstanding opportunity for a FULL-TIME, DAY SHIFTPLUMBER/PIPE/STEAMFITTER. This individual will perform journey-level skilled plumbing work. Perform skilled plumbing, pipefitting and steam fitting work. Positions allocated to this class are distinguished by the requirement for performing work in the fields of plumbing, steam fitting, and pipefitting to alter, repair and maintain buildings, healthcare facilities, and equipment.
A summary of the Plumber responsibilities:
• Inspects, diagnoses malfunctions; repairs, maintains, and tests plumbing, heating, cooling, and other process piping systems; clears plugged waste lines.
• Removes, replaces or installs all types of plumbing fixtures such as water closets, sinks, drinking fountains, showers, kitchen, laboratory, and other equipment.
• Installation, testing, repair and maintenance of Medical Gas System (oxygen, nitrogen, medical air and medical vacuum), Fire Protection Systems, and annual testing of back-flow prevention devices.
• Maintains and repairs piping, tanks and pressure vessels for fuels, steam, water, air, gases, drain and waste systems; installs, services, repairs and adjusts pumps, ejectors, valves, dishwashers, stills, heat exchangers, and coils.
• Maintains and repairs Reverse Osmosis and Dialysis water system.
• Must be able to repair and install acid waste lines to laboratories.
• Must be able to enter patient rooms to perform work.
• Must have knowledge of PPE for entering isolation and contact precaution rooms.
• Constructs various types of pipe joints for high and low-pressure systems, including threading, brazing, soldering, and welding. Installs fitting, hangers, anchors and guides.
• Reads and interprets plans, blueprints, and sketches; construct, layout or plan piping assemblies with respect to walls, structures, and other obstructions, allowing for expansion and contraction and alignment in accordance with pipefitting practice.
• As a team member, works with supervisors, plumbers, and other trades in developing, planning and performing maintenance and alterations.
• Communicates with all customers, medical staff, patients and families to promote successful customer relations.
• Keeps inventory of parts commonly used for repair of various medical and building equipment.
• As Built and Verify all new construction and remodel drawings, including contract and inside work. Update and maintain medical gas, drawings and equipment databases.
• Assists in planning and coordinating shutdowns for maintenance, remodel and/or contract construction in an occupied hospital.
• Understand and follow infection control risk assessments.
• Performs related duties as required.
•Washington State Department of Labor & Industries Journey-level Plumber Certification strongly preferred.
•Washington State Department of Health Backflow Assembly Tester Certification or obtain certification within 120 days of employment.
•Completion of a recognized apprenticeship as a plumber/pipefitter/steamfitter, OR full journey status as a plumber/pipefitter/steamfitter in a union, OR four years' applicable work experience. Vocational training may be substituted for work experience on a year-for-year basis. Possession of a valid motor vehicle operator's license may be required.
The examination (including written, E & T and oral components) will consist of a scored evaluation of the applicant's training and experience as a plumber, steamfitter, or pipefitter or as a helper in any of these trades; knowledge of plumbing, steamfitting and pipefitting techniques, equipment and materials; and ability to perform skilled plumbing, pipefitting and steamfitting work.
Applicants considered for this position will be required to disclose if they are the subject of any substantiated findings or current investigations related to sexual misconduct at their current employment and past employment. Disclosure is required under Washington state law.
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, the University of Washington will honor your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.
The University of Washington is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 or email@example.com.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
Governor Inslee's Proclamation 21-14.2 requires employees of higher education and healthcare institutions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination. View the Final candidate guide to COVID-19 vaccination requirement webpage for information about the medical or religious exemption process for final candidates.
Location: Seattle, WA
Application Method: Online: https://uwhires.admin.washington.edu/eng/candidates/default.cfm?szCategory=jobprofile&szOrderID=196389&szCandidateID=0&szSearchWords=&szReturnToSearch=1
Base Pay: $5,449 - $7,247/ MO
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903