Employer: University of Washington
The UW MEDICAL CENTER – MONTLAKE OPERATING ROOMS have an outstanding opportunity for a FULL-TIME FISCAL SPECIALIST 1 (Day Shifts). The Fiscal Specialist 1 is responsible for the following: process employee payroll and leave entitlements; prepare and provide specialized financial and budget reports to the Staffing Office Program Operations Specialist; maintain fiscal record-keeping systems; and support the development of new timekeepers for Patient Care Services.
• Facilitate department payroll for assigned departments, which includes: collect and review exceptions reports and timecards; work with supervisors and Payroll to resolve discrepancies; complete payroll-HR forms (shared leave, hourly appointment, Status Change Forms, etc.); collaborate with Human Resources to administer FMLA and other types of leave; distribute department leave records and permit parking; maintain and archive department records; and utilize MS Word, MS Excel, and Workday.
• Support the training and development of new timekeepers and leaders related to payroll systems, policies, and procedures.
• Maintain department expenses, including: track and monitor invoice payment and discrepancies; and support administrative team for purchase of equipment/maintenance ordering via HEMM system, capital request, operations purchase order, or online Procard.
• Support licensure monitoring process and process payment for Medical Assistant (MA) renewals.
• Perform scheduling duties in Kronos Advanced Scheduler.
• Support activities of the department, including: monitor pager and telephone inventory, return and usage; archive department personnel, financial papers to Sandpoint; attend department meetings/training; coordinate meeting rooms; perform special projects for administrative team; assign lockers to staff; deliver/retrieve mail; assist planning and execution of department educational events; and utilize Outlook calendar.
• Demonstrate ability to be flexible, organized, and function well in stressful situations. The Fiscal Specialist 1 practices discretion regarding confidential information and communicates effectively with all levels of staff.
• Demonstrate the ability to perform basic staffing and other related clerical functions as needed to support coverage of unplanned absences.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
• Proficiency in e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, and UW database applications.
• Knowledge of UW and UWMC payroll systems.
Three years of fiscal record-keeping experience, or equivalent education/experience.
Applicants considered for this position will be required to disclose if they are the subject of any substantiated findings or current investigations related to sexual misconduct at their current employment and past employment. Disclosure is required under Washington state law.
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, the University of Washington will honor your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.
The University of Washington is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 or email@example.com.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
Governor Inslee's Proclamation 21-14.2 requires employees of higher education and healthcare institutions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination. View the Final candidate guide to COVID-19 vaccination requirement webpage for information about the medical or religious exemption process for final candidates.
Location: Seattle, WA
Application Method: Online: https://uwhires.admin.washington.edu/eng/candidates/default.cfm?szCategory=jobprofile&szOrderID=202630&szCandidateID=0&szSearchWords=&szReturnToSearch=1
Base Pay: $3,246 - $4,325/ MO
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903