Employer: Providence St. Joseph Health
Providence St. Joseph Health is calling an Coding Policy Coordinator to our location in Beaverton, OR. This postion will be remote and can sit in the footprint of Providence in the states of AK, WA, OR, CA, and MT.
We are seeking an Coding Policy Coordinator to be responsible for reviewing Clinical Edit Inquiries (CEI) from the provider fax queue that are routed by Provider Relations and creating customer service inquiries (CSI) for the Coding Policy Analyst (CPA) work queue (also called the FSA queue). When a response to the provider is required, this person creates a letter from the CPA response on the CSI and faxes it to the provider's office. This person also assists Coding Policy Analysts with code updates and the code review process through Code Review Committee (CRC). This includes monitoring nThrive (a coding application) and CMS and AMA websites for changes to CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-10 codes, updating the company's coding database with new, deleted, and revised codes as these are published throughout the year. The Coding Policy Coordinator is responsible for compiling agenda items for Code Review Committee meetings, sending the agenda to all members of the committee at least three business days prior to the meeting, and distributing the minutes following the meeting. This position also assists the Coding Policy Manager in attending committee meetings as a representative of the team, publication of coding policies and coding announcements and additional coding related administrative duties as assigned. This position requires excellent writing skills, keen critical thinking abilities, and impeccable organizational skills.
The Coding Policy Coordinator must perform all duties in a manner which promotes team concept and reflects the Sisters of Providence mission and philosophy.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Generation of letters to support Coding team work
- Monitor all applicable queues to support coding team administrative work
- Support Coding team in all committee meeting and quarterly code releases. This work involves tracking, follow-up, driving agreement and consensus on coding configuration set up for all lines of business for all stakeholders
- This role will organize and facilitate all coding project work to drive actionable work which is high quality and efficient
- Produce all required agendas and meeting minutes and ensure all applicable documentation is current and available on the teams Sharepoint site
- Research and produce all team workflows and procedure documents to ensure teams are aligned with operational expectations
- Represent coding team in internal and external department/team meetings. This will require attention to detail and critical thinking regarding questions asked. Follow-up and issue closure with included documentation may be required.
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings, projects, sub-groups to drive towards actions and solutions.
- Serve as a resource and liaison in the organization for all coding related topics, issues and questions.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree Baccalaureate degree or equivalent work experience in health care
- 2 years experience in healthcare related field (clinical setting or medical insurance)
- 1 year Demonstrated experience in detailed coding applications, as well as Microsoft Office capabilities, such as Excel, Word, and Access
- 1 year Demonstrated strength with data entry, word processing, database and spreadsheet programs in a Windows based environment
- Demonstrated written communication skills
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Coding
Other Location(s): Montana-Great Falls, California, Washington, Oregon, Alaska
Req ID: 323517
Location: Beaverton, OR
Application Method: Online: https://providence-beaverton.jobs/beaverton-or/coding-policy-coordinator/382775678EEC4C5F9CE896BF6B189B1C/job/
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903