Employer: Franciscan Medical Group
In 2020, united in a fierce commitment to deliver the highest quality care and exceptional patient experience, Virginia Mason and CHI Franciscan Health came together as natural partners to build a new health system centered around the patient: Virginia Mason Franciscan Health. Our combined system builds upon the scale and expertise of our nearly 300 sites of care, including 11 hospitals and nearly 5,000 physicians and providers. Together, we are empowered to make an even greater impact on the health and well-being of our communities.
CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason are now united to build the future of patient-centered care across the Pacific Northwest. That means a seamlessly connected system offering quality care close to home. From basic health needs to the most complex, highly specialized care, our patients can count on us to meet their needs with convenient access to the region’s most prestigious experts and innovative treatments and technologies.
As a part of our organization, we currently offer the following benefits:
Competitive starting wages (DOE) and training to grow within the company
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Flexible health spending accounts (FSA)
Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
Care@Work premium account for additional support with children, pets, dependent adults, and household needs
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identify Theft
Franciscan Medical Group is currently seeking a full-time completely Remote Coder II for the Franciscan Coding department. Medical Specialty coding experience preferred. Position is for professional fee coding. No weekends or major holidays required.
This job is responsible, under the direction of a Registered Nurse or other Healthcare Provider, for providing quality practical nursing care to clinic patients consistent with the scope of LPN licensure and Franciscan Medical Group (FMG) Scope of Practice Policy. An incumbent assists providers with patient clinic visits, carrying out routine aspects of designated nursing protocols and provides clinical support and related assistance to professional medical staff. Work also includes participating in patient care planning, assisting with and/or performing therapeutic/diagnostic procedures/tests, reporting nursing observations/assessments and updating information in the patient’s electronic medical record.
An employee uses initiative in carrying out recurring tasks independently within scope of practice and established standards of care. An RN or Provider provides specific instructions for new or more complex tasks and is consulted when unusual/unfamiliar situations are encountered.
Work involves effectively managing a demanding workload and requires excellent customer service skills with patients/families, multi-disciplinary team members, practitioners and the public.
Essential Job Duties:
- Prepares patients for practitioner visit; rooms patients, obtains and records vital signs and other appropriate information, such as height, weight, drug allergies, current medications and presenting problem; chaperones and documents the patient exam, ensuring patient privacy and comfort.
- Performs, or assists with, patient care, diagnostic tests and clinical procedures to appropriate level of training/scope of licensure and established procedures; follows triage standing orders/protocols for routine nursing situations and refers complex, urgent or emergent situations to an RN or provider.
- Assists with point of care testing (CLIA-Waived Tests only)/lab tests following established protocols/instructions.
- Administers patient medications per written provider order; tracks and logs medication usage per established policies; inventories counts of controlled substances.
- Documents procedures and interactions in patient’s medical record in accordance with established procedures; enters, pends and signs orders as appropriate.
- Organizes exam rooms, including general cleaning, upkeep and re-stocking of supplies; prepares, cleans and sterilize instruments and maintains related equipment.
- Cultural Sensitivity and Competence: Demonstrates proper use of communication tools/materials for /effective communication and understands how the culture(s) of patient populations can affect communication, collaboration and the provision of care, treatment and services. Patient Population Served: Demonstrates knowledge and proper skills associated with the department’s defined specific populations served.
- Performs related duties as required.
Graduated from an accredited school of practical nursing approved by the Washington State Board of Nursing. One year of LPN work experience in a clinic setting OR two years of acute care LPN work experience preferred.
Current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse by the Washington State Board of Nursing.
Current Healthcare Provider BLS Certification.
Location: Tacoma, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.commonspirit.careers/job/tacoma/coder-ii/35300/21352348304
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903