Works safely and follows all rules and procedures.
Installs, maintains, and repairs electronic equipment.
Works closely with engineering and maintenance team members to ensure the health and efficiency of plant instrumentation systems.
Based in Columbus, Ohio, Hexion Inc. is the global leader in thermoset resins. Through a broad range of thermoset technologies and specialty products, Hexion serves and supports customers in a diverse range of applications and industries. Hexion materials are found in products that touch nearly every facet of modern living. At Hexion, we believe that leadership begins with integrity, ethics and environmentally sound operations. When you work for Hexion, you are partnering with a company that is not only focused on delivering value but on doing it in a safe, ethical and environmentally responsible manner.
Follow all plant safety requirements and participate in activities to continuously improve safety performance.
Calibrate new and existing instrumentation throughout the plant. Check for accuracy and maintain as needed using good maintenance practices. This will include:
* Flow, Temperature, Pressure, Level, pH, control valves, and other instrumentation.
* Troubleshoot analog and discrete instrumentation and wiring problems.
* Use Allen Bradley (Control Logix) PLC Ladder logic and Function Block programming languages to troubleshoot plant problems.
* Work with engineering personnel to specify and install new electronic instruments and electrical equipment.
* Provide documentation of all instrumentation and electrical equipment worked on.
* Assist in development of preventive maintenance programs for instruments.
* Install, maintain and repair electronic instruments and related equipment throughout the Plant.
* Work with engineering to create and maintain instrumentation CAD drawings.
* Utilize various computer-based vendor software to diagnosis, maintain and calibrate instruments.
* Utilize electronic testing equipment to troubleshoot and repair equipment.
* Compile and maintain instrument data in asset management software.
* Participate on teams using Quality Management Process.
* Participate in department and site safety initiatives.
* Perform other duties as requested by Manager.
Other Essential Criteria:
* Must be able to support and be aligned with business goals by contributing to the Company's quality objectives.
* Must be able to work in a team environment.
* High school diploma or GED
* Two (2) years of experience in the electronics/instrumentation field.
* Effective oral and written communication skills.
* Strong math skills.
* Commitment to individual and departmental safety.
* Attention to detail and ability to document the results of the work.
* Ability to wear safety equipment as required.
* Ability and willingness to be On call to answer questions and help solve problems.
* Exposure to various weather conditions.
* Ability to work shifts, if required.
* LME (Limited Maintenance Technician) or LEB (Limited Energy Class B Technician) license OR the ability to obtain the LEB license within 2 years of hire date.
* 4-5 years control experience
* Allen Bradly PLC Programming experience
* SCADA HMI programming experience
* Associates degree in Industrial Instrumentation and Process Control.
* High school diploma or GED
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, minority status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any characteristic protected by law.
In order to be considered for this position candidates are required to submit an application for employment through our career site, be at least 18 years of age, willing to take a drug test , submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process, as well as additional periodic background checks as required by the Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards (CFATS) or regulations adopted by the Department of Homeland Security or other regulatory agencies
Candidates are required to have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
If currently an employee of the Company, you must have current satisfactory work performance and in most cases, have been in your current role 18 months.
Disclaimer: We are not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee about this position. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee of the Company via email, the Internet or in any other form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of the Company; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by the Company as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.
Interested applicants please apply at:
Or visit Hexion's Career Page at www.hexion.com/careers and search for position 12190BR
Contact Person: Robyn Pirtle
Location: Springfield, OR
Application Method: email or call
Base Pay: Starting at $31.89 or DOE
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903