Employer: CHI Mercy Health of Roseburg
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Up to $3,000 Sign-on Bonus and Relocation Assistance Eligible Position!
Pay Scale: Certified $19.68 - $27.06, Non-Certified $15.08 - $20.33 (Certification Required After Hire)
Shift:Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
Under the direction of the health care provider, Medical Assistant II is responsible for the delivery of patient care that promotes the safety and wellbeing of all patients. Accurately preforms preliminary physical tests such as: measures blood pressure, records weight, temperature, pulse and respirations and other measures as directed by established clinical protocols.
- Perform general patient care by following established standards and procedures.
- Greet and prepare patients for the health care provider.
- Obtain and record vital signs including but not limited to, blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration, height, weight, drug allergies, and current medications and presenting problem.
- May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Administer ordered medications and/or vaccines via oral, injection, topically, rectal, ophthalmic, and/or inhalant administration.
- May perform routine tests including but not limited to EKG’s.
- Schedule patients for diagnostic testing and follows up to ensure completion of testing.
- Communicate with patient regarding test results and plan of care by phone or mail as directed by physician.
- Prepare, clean and sterilize instruments and maintain equipment; keep patient exam rooms stocked, clean and orderly; dispose of contaminated items according to protocol.
- Document patient plan(s) of care, tests and examination results in the medical record as directed by the provider.
- Escalate non-routine issues, questions and/or concerns to the practice manager or healthcare provider(s).
- Ensure safety checklists/quality controls are completed as required.
- Provide for patient safety and protection of patient privacy rights.
- Perform other duties as assigned by practice manager, MA Lead or as requested by healthcare provider(s).
Current/valid Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) certification preferred.
Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS) required.
Two years Medical Assistant experience preferred.
Ability to perform EKGs, draw blood and administer injections.
Demonstrated knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
Through knowledge of the meaning and use of medical terminology and abbreviations.
Must be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite, Internet navigation, database management, desktop publishing, spreadsheet, and graphic presentation packages.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Successfully completed Medication Aide 40-hour course or current/valid Medication Aide certification by state agency required if applicable.
May require specialized training such as Non-Certified Radiologic Technician (NCT).
Location: Roseburg, OR
Application Method: Online: https://www.commonspirit.careers/job/roseburg/medical-assistant-cardiology/35300/21348030576
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903