As a Help Desk Analyst, reporting to the Help Desk Lead, you’ll deliver world-class technology support to everyone at Redfin. You’ll join a group of peers and team leaders with strong focuses on inclusion and team development.
Some of the bullets below apply to normal office operations. Redfin may resume normal office operations in 2022, and we want to make sure the person we hire is prepared for normal expectations. We’ve added a separate set of expectations below for suspended office operations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- You will work Monday-Friday schedule. The hourly schedule - in Pacific Time - will be one of the following, and we will determine the final schedule with the candidate we select for the role:
- Once our offices are reopened, you will likely work from our Seattle HQ two days per week.
- You will specialize in phone coverage. Your primary responsibility will be answering phone calls from Redfin employees about urgent problems, to ensure that callers aren’t impeded in their job duties.
- You will occasionally take email support tickets, when we need coverage through low staffing.
- You will be part of a weekend on-call rotation. You will only work if a weekend staff member is sick or on vacation, and you may work from home during on-call. At most, weekend work happens once every 6-8 weeks, and we allow someone to take part of a weekday off, if they work during weekend on-call.
- If you are interested in cross-training and projects, you will complete cross-training and projects to improve our team’s efficiency and/or quality of service.
This position is fully remote until Redfin resumes normal office operations.
Please ensure that your commute is sustainable, so that you’re prepared when Redfin resumes normal operations. On your future in-office days, the team will expect you at your desk, taking calls, at the same shift start time as your work-from-home days.
Who You Are:
- You have experience with domain account management through Active Directory and/or Google Apps
- You are comfortable troubleshooting common Microsoft- and Apple-platform software, as well as iOS and Android mobile devices
- You have: friendly, concise, and professional communication; a strong sense of problem/resolution ownership; comfort with a fast-paced environment, and using independent judgment
- You have one year of IT support experience
Technologies We Use and Teach:
- Domain account management through Active Directory and/or Google
- Common Microsoft-platform software: Windows, Outlook, Office
- Common Apple-platform software: OS X, Office for Mac
- Laptop hardware (you should be comfortable with opening a chassis to do maintenance/upgrades)
- iOS and Android mobile devices
Competitive compensation with potential for growth
Generous benefits, including three weeks of paid vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, and fully paid family leave
Strong startup culture with catered lunches, casual dress code, happy hours, and more
Redfin is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
To make sure we hire the most qualified people, we’ve designed a multi-step selection process which may include interviews, a homework assignment, and a reference check. We’re excited to get to know you and hope you’re ready to give this opportunity everything you’ve got!
Please submit your application with a cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit in this type of role.
To ensure the health and safety of our workforce, customers and third parties, Redfin conducts background screening after making conditional offers for employment. All screening is conducted consistent with Equal Employment Opportunity Commission guidance and state and local Fair Chance Act guidance, and Redfin encourages applications from, and fully considers, qualified applicants with criminal record histories.
Location: Seattle, WA
Application Method: Online: https://redfin.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/redfin_careers/job/WA---Seattle/Help-Desk-Analyst-I----Seattle--Specializing-in-Phone-Support_45583
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903