Come join our team!
Weyerhaeuser is seeking a highly motivated, team oriented, self-directed key contributor to provide a broad range of IT/OT support to our Santiam Lumber Mill. This role is responsible for deployment, maintenance, and technical support of desktops, laptops, servers, client devices, switches, AP’s, printers, specialty equipment, digital signage, security, access control, and Camera systems. This role will work closely with business users, mill site staff, and virtual IT team-mates, and will take part in the after-hours/on-call rotation. Training will be provided to shore-up competency areas where lacking.
- Field incoming help requests from end users in a courteous and professional manner
- Record, track, and document the problem-solving process through to final resolution
- Identify and learn software and hardware used and supported by the organization
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, hardware diagnostics, and configuring systems and applications
- Familiarize end users on basic software, hardware, and peripheral device operation
- Install, upgrade, and support desktops, laptops, printers, switches, wireless AP’s, Internet Circuit’s, VoIP, and other systems
- Adhere to organizational asset, change, problem, and incident management processes
- Track all IT/OT assets at assigned location
- Maintains assigned servers (physical and/or virtual) and insure all updates are applied in accordance with organizational guidelines
- Provide regular status updates via email to site and IT lead teams
- Actively participate in IT/OT Team meetings
- Demonstrated safety focus
- Associates degree in information technology or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Three plus years’ experience in technical administration of PCs, Printing, Server Management, with demonstrated broad-based technical abilities
- Skilled and experienced supporting desktops, laptops, printers, switches, wireless AP’s, Internet Circuit’s, VoIP, VPN, general infrastructure etc.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to learn new technologies
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Highly Valued Skills:
- Microsoft certifications – MCITP – MS Certified IT Professional, MCDST – MS Certified Desktop Support Technician, MCP – MS Certified Professional
- CCNA - Certified Cisco Network Associate or similar
- Experience supporting the infrastructure needs of a manufacturing facility
- Experience with process-control networks, systems, and technologies
- Four-year degree in information technology or related field
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team.
Job Information Technology
Job Level Individual Contributor
Job Type Experienced
Shift Day (1st)
Relocation Assistance Available
Location: Lebanon, OR
Application Method: Online: https://weyerhaeuser.taleo.net/careersection/10000/jobdetail.ftl
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903