Employer: Lugo's Automotive
LUGO’s AUTO SERVICE is a 6-year-old small business and ready to grow!
We are looking for a skilled Auto Mechanic to maintain and repair vehicles. You will be responsible for troubleshooting issues and fixing them, aiming for maximum reliability and functionality. An excellent auto mechanic has good eye-hand coordinator and manual dexterity. They are well-versed in complex mechanical or electrical systems of vehicles and have excellent problem- solving abilities. They must have strong communication skills to provide sound advice to customers.
• Inspect vehicle engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately
• Inspect vehicle computer and electronic systems to repair, maintain and upgrade
• Conduct routine maintenance work (replacing fluids, lubricating parts, etc.) aiming to vehicle functionality and
• Schedule future maintenance sessions and advise motorists on good vehicle use
• Repair or replace broken or dysfunctional parts and fix issues (e.g., leaks)
• Provide accurate estimates (cost, time, effort) for a repair or maintenance job
• Keep logs on work and issues
• Maintain equipment and keep tools in good condition
• Proven experience as an auto mechanic
• Excellent knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and electronic components of vehicles
• Working knowledge of vehicle diagnostic systems and methods
• Ability to handle various tools (e.g., pliers) and heavy equipment (e.g., lift)
• Willingness to observe all safety precautions for protection against accidents, dangerous fluids, chemicals, etc.
• Will be required to frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
• Must be able to stand, stairs, reach, push/pull, and have stamina.
• High School diploma is preferred; certification from a vocational school or completion of apprenticeship is preferred
• Valid certificate (e.g., ASE) is a plus
Contact Person: Bill Heald
Location: Tacoma, WA
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: $22.00 - $30.00/ hour
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903