SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Independently manage campus-wide, multiple-trade projects
- Communicate and collaborate with production engineers, production management, internal and external trades on project timelines and Gantt charts
- Manage other campus-wide operations and maintenance programs assigned by facilities management
- Operate forklifts, scissor lifts, and boom lifts when needed
- Adhere to proper safety guidelines at all times
- Open, track, and resolve electronic work tickets on SpaceX’s custom work order system
High school diploma or equivalency certificate
3+ years of experience in construction, project management, and/or tenant improvement
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Basic knowledge of electrical, plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC/R), concrete, framing, and industrial gas trade
- Knowledge of basic engineering and construction principles and methods
- Able to read instructions and blueprints
- Construction, mechanical, or manufacturing background
- Experience with project management software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a fast-paced manufacturing facility
Must be physically capable of performing manual labor tasks (lift up to 30 lbs. from the floor)
Ability to work while standing on lifts and ladders
Valid CA driver’s license
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Location: Hawthorne, CA
Application Method: Online: https://boards.greenhouse.io/spacex/jobs/5734587002?gh_jid=5734587002
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903