Employer: NSC Global
NSC Global is currently looking for a Desktop Support Engineer to join our growing company.
NSC Global provides global network implementation and support solutions to world-class organizations, delivering cost savings and operational simplicity. Our goal is to partner with world-class enterprises, helping them become more agile, create commercial advantage and build quality through design, deployment, support and management of their global IT communications. NSC Global is a US Cisco Global Gold Certified Partner with a corporate headquarters in London, UK and a US headquarters in New York, NY. Please review our website at www.nscglobal.com for more information on our organization.
POSITION: Desktop Support Engineer
JOB TYPE: Direct Hire (W2) with NSC Global
START DATE: IMMEDIATELY
Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals. Documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems. Supports and maintains user account information including rights, security and systems groups. May require an associate’s degree in a related area or 5+ years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the fields’ concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. Typically reports to a project leader or manager. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and work orders in a courteous manner.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from help desk customers.
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to the final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Develop help sheets and knowledge base articles for end users.
- Perform related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position
Knowledge & Experience:
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware.
- Experience with desktop operating systems including Microsoft, and Mac OS X
- Extensive application support experience.
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities.
- Good understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Thought Process: Able to understand technical concepts and can develop ways to help others learn. Ability to solve complex problems with innovative solutions. Ability to manage multiple priorities. Ability to quickly and proactively gain an understanding of the client's business problems and deliver solutions and recommendations to solve.
- Interpersonal: Excellent customer service, technical, organizational, and communication skills -- in person and on the phone; effective listening and team orientation. Able to persuade, influence and negotiate with staff and vendors in critical situations. Able to motivate others and work cooperatively in a group to achieve common goals.
- Physical: Able to sit at a desk and grasp writing instruments. Able to manipulate fingers to perform keyboard strokes on a computer. Mobile between buildings. Must also be able to lift 40lbs without issue and move it from under a desk to a cart and vice versa.
Apply for this job online
Email this job to a friend
Share on your newsfeed
Location: Seattle, WA
Application Method: Online: https://careers-nscglobal.icims.com/jobs/12227/desktop-support-engineer-%28level-2%29/job
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903