Employer: City of Seattle
The Seattle Police Department is seeking a highly motivated and organized individual to assist within the Crime Records Unit. The selected individual will have frequent contact with insurance, criminal justice, governmental, and law enforcement agencies. This position will report to the Administrative Support Supervisor.
- Provide a full range of administrative support for the Department, inside/outside Law Enforcement/Criminal Justice agencies, Insurance Agencies, and the Seattle City Prosecutors Office in a fast paced, customer service oriented environment.
- Meet deadlines for processing reports for the Seattle Municipal Court Arraignment Calendar.
- Answer high volume of telephone calls, direct calls, disseminate incoming and outgoing mail, and prepare correspondence and interdepartmental memos.
- Process requests for reports and investigative files and disseminate interdepartmentally, as well as outside the department.
- Assist internal Law Enforcement with information and procedures.
- Numerically organize, scan and file reports.
- Maintain files for year-end vault storage.
- Prepare daily timesheets.
- Requires one year of office clerical support experience (or a combination of education, training, and/or experience which provides evidence of the ability to perform work of the class).
- Ability to work independently and as a team member. Ability to adjust priorities on short notice.
- Experience answering multi-line phones, Microsoft Outlook email, voicemail, and intermediate skills in
- Microsoft Word and Excel programs.
- Ability to communicate clearly, handle a variety of tasks, and assignments in a timely manner.
- Must be team oriented and possess a positive work ethic.
- The ability to exercise good judgment, organize workload, problem solve, and provide good customer service.
- Ability to lift to waist and overhead up to 25 pounds and carry boxes weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Willingness to learn and interpret state mandated RCW’s and apply them to the job task.
- Detail oriented, organized, and very thorough.
- Must be willing and able to work rotating shifts (day, swing, weekends and/or holidays).
- Must complete an SPD background investigation, in compliance with Seattle's Fair Chance Employment Ordinance, SMC 14.17. - Applicants will be provided an opportunity to explain or correct background information.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT:
The Seattle Police Department is comprised of approximately 1,500 dedicated law enforcement professionals all committed to creating and fostering a work environment that is collaborative, innovative and leading the way in
law enforcement principles and practices. Ours is a culture that encourages top performers to adhere to a standard
of excellence in the identification of and resolution to complex challenges. At SPD we acknowledge and honor the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals and pledge ourselves to creating and maintaining an environment that respects diverse traditions, heritages, and experiences.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at http://www.seattle.gov/jobs and please include a resume and cover letter. Please refer to: JOB # 2021-01894.
Location: Seattle, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/seattle/jobs/3360683/administrative-specialist-i-bu?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Base Pay: $25.05 - $27.91/ HR
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903