Recruitment Period: 12/08/2021 - Until Filled
Status: Full Time
Applicants for all positions will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 during the hiring process. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered.
Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU) was founded as a 501(c) (3) non-profit medical institution in 2005 aimed at increasing access to health care in medically underserved areas of the Pacific Northwest.
The University currently offers the degree of Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine and Master of Arts in Medical Science enrolling over 550 students annually with plans to develop other programs and/or colleges. Interprofessional education partnerships with other universities adds another 100 students to the population. The campus includes 300 employees with academic programming spread over a five state region.
PNWU is located in Yakima, WA, a city of approximately 95,000 located in the south central part of the state near the eastern slopes of the Cascade Mountains in a major agricultural and outdoor recreation region. It is approximately 140 miles from Seattle, 170 miles from Portland, and 200 miles from Spokane. The Yakima Valley is a wonderful place to live, work and play. For more information, visit www.liveyakimavalley.com.
Provides primary support to end users on a variety of issues, including printing, virus, passwords, productivity software, and hardware troubleshooting. Reporting to the Help Desk Manager, this position acts as a tier 1 and tier 2 support for our staff, faculty, and students. Responds to telephone calls, email and ticket-based requests for technical support. Documents, tracks, and monitors issues to ensure timely resolutions. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
· Responds to user support phone calls, online requests, and in-person by performing troubleshooting activities, problem diagnosis, and problem resolution on a variety of technology services and products
· Conduct problem determination using documented procedures and available tools like remote management wherever possible
· Ensure timely escalation of customer problems by documenting impact to the customer and assigning appropriate priority
· Log all customer incidents, document work done, and track assigned incidents through to resolution
· Participate in after-hours on-call rotation and other duties as assigned
· Understand accreditation standards and expectations specific to the department and adheres to policies and procedures to meet or exceed such standards
· Conducts self appropriately and consistently in accordance with the philosophy and mission of PNWU
· Other duties as assigned
• Required: High School Diploma or GED
• Preferred: Associates Degree in a related field or equivalent technical certifications
• Experience troubleshooting PC hardware, Windows operation system, and other peripherals
• Ability to pass several knowledge tests during the interview process pertaining to Microsoft Office, Windows, and basic Microsoft networking issues
• Excellent telephone communication skills with the ability to speak English clearly and listen attentively
• Preferred: One or more years working at a customer-oriented help desk position
• Preferred: Experience supporting Mac OS, iOS, and Android platforms
• Preferred: Network, A+, and/or Microsoft certifications
• Preferred: Previous experience working in higher education or healthcare setting
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Strong organization, interpersonal, and planning skills; strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to work in a team and flexibility to work with others in a variety of circumstances; ability to problem solve by analyzing issues and creating action plans; ability to manage projects and people and prioritize and self-direct work flow; and ability to work with and manage different computer programs and databases.
To ensure full consideration submit:
• A letter of introduction outlining background and qualifications for the position
• Detailed curriculum vitae
• Contact information for three professional references
The job announcement above is not the full job description, but represents the job responsibilities and requirements. A full job description can be provided upon request.
PNWU offers a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees first of the month following date of hire and competitive salary.
PNWU is a drug-free workplace, equal opportunity employer and educational institution. To request this publication in an alternative format, or to apply in an alternative format, please call Human Resources, 509.452.5100.
Contact Person: Rosa Solorzano
Location: Yakima, Washington
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903